“Thanksgiving Stay”

Windmill Inn of Roseburg
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Roseburg
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Visited Roseburg again, stayed at the Windmill again. They have gone through an ownership change and therefore, a remodel. It does look more modern but it is still just an average hotel, nothing makes it stand out. Actually, it seems as if the new owners are trying to cut corners a bit and the prices are going up. My family would like me to mention that the wifi is very slow and difficult to use. We will probably stay there the next time we are in town...just because there isn't really anything better.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Write a ReviewReviews (1,700)

Reviewed 2 December 2013

The BEST, cleanest and friendliest place to stay in Roseburg! I came over at 1am in the morning looking to switch hotels after just having a horrible experience that night somewhere else. So last minute and over a busy Thanksgiving holiday, the very nice and empathetic front dest receptionist Shelya got me and my family 2 rooms. You guys made my holiday! I'm staying here every time I come back to town! Thank you for saving my Thanksgiving!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Most quiet, comfortable room ever! Even better sleep than at home. Didn't take advantage of the breakfast so can't attest to that, but everything else was wonderful, comfortable bed and great pillows. You could not hear a sound even though it is close to the freeway.

Will not hesitate to stay there the next time we are in town.
Thank you!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 December 2013

wonderful rooms, really nice and friendly desk personnel, and the breakfast nook was very well furnished with food and good atmosphere and the attendant was very pleasant and so very attentive. we will definitely recomment Windmill Inn to our friends who travel the Interstate 5 corridor thanks much pat

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Very nice rooms, clean, warm, quiet. The bed was very comfortable. Great water pressure; loved the shower! Nice breakfast, too. Easy and light - perfect. All employees were professional yet incredibly friendly. I will definitely stay again.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

My pet and I have been staying here for 8+ years.
Now we can't stay in our routine courtyard room, and all the
other rooms in my experience have I-5 traffic noise.
My last stay a couple of weeks ago was unbearable.

I have brought co-workers here in the past year.
They are not likely to stay here comfortably again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
WindmillInnGM, General Manager at Windmill Inn of Roseburg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Joe S

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I understand your frustration with the rooms you have stayed in in the past with your pet no longer being available for pets.

As you know, while we are a pet friendly hotel, we have designated rooms available for pets to stay in. There are a number of reasons for this, but ultimately we try to select rooms that make sense for pets and pet owners. All of our pet rooms are located on the ground floor, facing the exterior of the hotel. Some of those exterior rooms do face the freeway side of the hotel, but the majority do not.

The reason we don't offer pet rooms in the courtyard is primarily due to complaints from other guests. Some pet owners would leave their pets on the patio and the pets would bark at guests in the pool, or would be left without water or food and unattended for long periods. While the majority of pet owners wouldn't do this, we can't selectively apply rules to different pets so we have to put policies in place that ensures the best experience for as many guests as possible.

Again, I understand your frustration and do appreciate your review. I hope the next time you are in town you will try one of our pet rooms on the east side of the hotel. I think you will find it just as quiet as the courtyard rooms.

Thank you.

Allen Pike

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Stayed here while traveling to Crater Lake. This is a small town and per reviews on this site, the Windmill Inn seemed like the best place to stay. The room seemed clean; however, we killed at least 50 gnats in the bathroom -- that's the only part of the room they were in. I mentioned this to the staff upon leaving and they were concerned and apologized for the problem. Our bed's mattress was definitely older, as my husband & I kept ending up meeting in the middle of the bed during the night. Friendly staff. Seemed to offer a lot for breakfast, but the room was tiny.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kerri C

Kerri C

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I'm sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. I was able to pull the records of your stay, and while we weren't able to isolate the cause of the gnat issue you reported, we did make the company that does our preventative pest control aware of the situation and haven't had a similar situation since. We appreciate you reporting it.

I also noted your comment on the bed in the room. Whenever we have a comment of any kind on a bed in the hotel we note it, as guests are the best way to determine when any beds need to be replaced. When a pattern emerges for a particular room, we replace the mattress.

Again, thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor.

Allen Pike

Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseburg
Best Western Garden Villa Inn
Best Western Plus Hartford Lodge
Quality Inn Central
Quality Inn Central
#11 of 16 in Roseburg

Been to Windmill Inn of Roseburg? Share your experiences!