“Friendly Staff”

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Roseburg
ALBANY
“Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I travel to Roseburg once a month for work and the Windmill is my hotel of choice. Not only is it centrally located off of I-5 but the hotel staff is consistently welcoming and accommodating. I have also had to check in early multiple times and it has made my work trips that much easier for them to always accommodate that. The only improvement feedback I could give is that the lower rooms are a bit loud when someone walks around upstairs and rooms adjacent to the vending/ice machines are very noisy. I would also love to see different pastry items on the breakfast buffet, although the choices are amazing already! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
ISSAQUAH
Reviewed 31 December 2013

The best part about my stay were the employees - consistently cheerful, friendly, and helpful. The room was very nice, large and quiet (away from the freeway).

I recommend that you put prices in the AAA tour book - that's the only reason I haven't stayed here before. I always assume that "no price provided" means "really expensive", and you're actually quite reasonable.

Tualatin, Oregon
Reviewed 26 December 2013

When I was in a different job that required extensive travel, I stayed at the likes of Holiday Inn/HI Express, Hampton Inn, and Best Western in order to take advantage of their frequent guest programs. Now that I'm no longer in that line of work, I travel much less frequently, so racking up the points doesn't mean as much when I do have to travel. When I had to go to Roseburg, OR recently, I decided to try an independent hotel and booked a night at the Windmill Inn. At one time, it was part of a regional chain that has since dissolved, but is now going it alone. My room cost about $30 less than the comparable Holiday Inn Express and Best Westerns nearby, but the quality was just as good. I found the staff very gracious, both the night I arrived and when I departed the next morning.

My room had a queen size bed and was quite spacious. The bed seemed a bit soft, but there were lots of pillows and blankets, the latter coming in handy on a snowy December night. The bathroom had plenty of elbow room. A great touch was a special AC/USB outlet box on top of, one of the night stands... very handy for laptops and cell phone chargers, and something I hadn't seen until this visit! It definitely saved having to hunt for a wall outlet or unplugging lamps or clocks to power my electronic devices. WiFi is free and fast. Didn't bring a laptop? No sweat... you get tons of channels on the cable/satellite TV.

The continental breakfast was average; the only hot item I saw was the do-it-yourself waffle iron, but if you are looking for a more substantial breakfast, right next door is an Elmer's Restaurant (a regional family diner chain, similar to Denny's). There are plenty of fast food choices on either side of I-5 if you want something else, and there are several casual dining restaurants one exit north of Windmill Inn.

I didn't bring any swim trunks, which was just as well because the outdoor pool in the center courtyard wasn't open, but they have an indoor hot tub open year-round that I could have really used (the water appeared clear with steam rising--I've been to a lot of hot tubs that turned out to be "lukewarm tubs"--and the area well kept). I'll have to remember to bring a pair of trunks for my next visit.

If you don't need a heated-from-frozen omelet or frequent guest points, you'll save lots of money at Windmill Inn and won't be disappointed. It's a terrific buy in its price point/category.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
WindmillInnGM, Manager at Windmill Inn of Roseburg, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
MAJ_JBM

Thank you for taking the time to post such a through review on Trip Advisor. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. The charging station you mentioned is a nice little feature we found at a trade show. I'd be surprised if you don't start seeing those in other hotels in the coming years.

I can't see the exact date you were here, but we have recently added biscuits and gravy to our offerings for breakfast. I hope you are able to come see us again soon to let us know what you think.

Thank you again for the review.

Allen Pike
VANCOUVER
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Staff very good and friendly. Helpful. Bank of rooms on south side a bit noise due to freeway. Easy on and off from freeway. Very accommodating to pets. Elmer's diner next door. Perfect for overnight stay when traveling. Easy and comfortable.good price.
Only problem in room was showerhead needed replaced due to mineral deposits clogging some of the nozzles to spray sideways over the curtain and getting floor wet. They were too old and hard to flick out deposits as designed to do. I forgot to tell staff in morning,, but am sure they would fix I made aware.

WILLOW CREEK
Reviewed 26 December 2013

When I stayed there were not enough blankets on the bed to keep warm except turning the heat up which makes it uncomfortable. Luckily I was in a room with 2 beds so I was able to take the covers from the other bed and put on mine. That was enough for me to stay warm. Had my family been there with me it would have been much more miserable. If you are going to offer rooms then you should at least offer them with enough bedding. Thank you.

2 Thank John M
LONG BEACH
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Perfect pitstop to break up a 19 hour drive and get some shut-eye. Breakfast was really good too because it included a bunch of healthy options I haven't experienced at other places (soy milk, low sodium tomato juice, locally sourced dairy, whole bread, etc...). I would say breakfast only, for a family of four, was worth close to $30 (compared to eating at a restaurant).

Langlois, OR, United States
Reviewed 25 December 2013

This is a nice motel in a great location for easy freeway off/on, nearby restaurants, shopping, and medical services. For pet lovers, this was a great choice. All in all we liked it, the only negatives were the bed was a bit firm, and the pillows way to fluffy... and we could hear noise from walking next floor up.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseburg
Best Western Garden Villa Inn
Best Western Plus Hartford Lodge
Wildlife Inn
Wildlife Inn
#1 of 2 in Winston

Been to Windmill Inn of Roseburg? Share your experiences!