“Not a good place to stay!”

Phoenix Inn Suites South Salem
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Salem
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Not a good place to stay!”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Not a good place to stay! The walls are paper thin, they say there is WIFI but 7 rooms down from the lobby we could not get it, the tub had several chips in it, and the pillows felt like they were full of newspapers with a sheet over it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 24 January 2014

There were good things about this hotel and a few poor things. First the good. Friendly staff members and a good complimentary morning breakfast. The bed was incredibly comfortable. Now the not so good. There were an excessive amount of cigarette butts outside the hotel entrance. When I say excessive....I mean a lot of cigarette butts. Not the first impression you want to give guests as the enter the lobby doors. It was embarrassing walking in with my kids. The room itself was large, but dated. Could use some updating. The shampoo dispenser in the shower did not dispense the shampoo. Bathroom had visible holes where screws had been at one time. A little bit of mildew behind the toilet on the wall.

My biggest complaint pertains to the pool/sauna. We arrived on Saturday and the pool/sauna was closed still when we left on Monday afternoon. We were told a child had an "Accident" on Friday. The front desk kept telling us that they hoped it would be "Ready" each day, but we never saw an employee in the pool area doing anything. Also, because a locked door led to the pool area and the workout room....you couldn't access the workout room due to pool being closed. It was pretty disappointing...especially when travelling with a young child.

Overall, staff were nice and food was good. There were also some problems. It's worth it if you can get a deal under $60.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
South Dakota
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Staff were very nice, we requested a different room when we went in the room and the view was the tar roof. We ended up on the 4th floor and although all rooms had signs that said non smoking it was heavy with cig smell and smoke, ended up putting a towel under the door space and opened the window to make it through the night, although it really didn't matter as people were running the halls and going in and out all night - wont make the mistake of staying here again, the photos were misleading.
Dawn was a wonderful host aside from all the things that she had no control over :)

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AprilRahyne
Salem
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The room was very nice and the price was more than reasonable for the room, bed, and breakfast that they offer. I would stay again in this motel. I feel the reviews helped me to choose wisely. Thank you

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 8 November 2013

This hotel has a wonderful, friendly staff at 2 am or 6:30 am they were there ready to help with a smile. Very comfortable beds too. It could use some updating on the interior decor, but it was clean and a good value.

• Stayed November 2013
Miramar, Florida
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I been in this Hotel Before and it is OK but this time they accommodate me in a lower level.The hallway at Night looks like the Movie "The Shinning"and the window is facing some kind of stone patio very scary.The showers provided poor water pressure, and the nozzles on the showers were old. You had to hold the shower nozzle to make the water spray on you. The breakfast was very disappointing.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Simon M
Bran H, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites South Salem, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Hello Simon,

I am sorry to hear about your stay with us. As i'm sure you can attest to, this is not a usual experience that our guests have at our hotel. We have already addressed the flow issue in your previous room, as well as replace the shower head. We have been in the process of replacing a number of them over the past couple weeks, a project that is now complete. I believe that regardless of what hotel a person stays at, coming in late in the evening when it is very quiet can bring about some moments reminiscent of the Overlook Hotel in The Shining. We hope that you will give us a chance to show you the true Phoenix Inn experience all over again. Thanks again for providing us feedback so we can continue improve.
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We have stayed at this hotel a few times over the last few years and have always had a good experience. This time I must have been distracted (I'd like to blame my husband but really can't) and didn't do my usual one last look around the room. I left the watch that I had just purchased and a face cleansing appliance. To replace the two items would have cost me at least $300, but I called the front desk when I remembered them, we were 100 miles down the road by then. They hadn't cleaned our room yet but said they would send them to me. The front desk clerk took my credit card info for postage.
When I got home from our trip a week later I really didn't expect to see my items but there they were. Thank you so much Phoenix Inn Suites South Salem. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business