“Right against the freeway!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel North Salem
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Salem
GreenLeadersBronze level
Roseville, California
“Right against the freeway!”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

In all the reviews here, no one mentioned that this hotel in spitting distance from I5! Yes, the rooms are nice, bed comfortable, room clean. The noise from the freeway, especially on the front of the hotel on the 3rd floor, was deafening! It is such a nice hotel so poorly located! The front desk person was not friendly, acted like we were an inconvenience to her. The woman working in the buffet room was much more friendly and helpful. Cookies are delicious though!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back of the hotel and on the first floor, if possible.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Medford, United States
Reviewed 6 September 2013

The room was clean the veiw from my window was ok. Fitness room was small not enough room for 3 people to workout. Staff was the best, very nice and accomodating. Was disappointed not to receive a complentary breakfast, .

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Reesa C
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I've stayed at a few hotels in Salem, and the Doubletree is definitely the nicest one I have been at so far. The location right off I-5 is very convenient. The property looks recently renovated (obviously during the conversion from a Phoenix Inn) and the decor is tasteful. Our room was spacious and clean. I traveled with my mom and sister on this trip, so the handy foldout sofa allowed us each to have our own sleeping area. The warm chocolate chip cookies were a nice bonus. Internet access was decent. Breakfast was just ok, but I got free breakfast vouchers thanks to my Hilton status so I can't complain too much. The only real negative I can think of is that the bathroom ventilation could have been better. I would definitely stay here again on a future trip to the Salem area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Central Point, Oregon
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Scored a great rate on Hotwire and stayed two nights. Clean property. Requested two beds instead of one at check-in and was accommodated with a smile. Took my three warm chocolate chip / walnut cookies back to the car with the key and unloaded. Room was bright and I noticed that the A/C was very quiet. Enjoyed having the microwave and fridge. LG TV was a little funky, as it would constantly brighten / dim. It was usually too dark. the only other negative I noticed was how dirty our socks got in just a few minutes. The carpets could use shampooing more often.

We used the pool and hot tub for a couple hours one day and it was great. It was a nice smallish pool with 3 ft. on one end and 5 on the other. My 4 year-old could stand in the shallow end and walk around. It was maintained well and seemed to be well chlorinated, clear and warm. the hot tub was just the right temperature and also clean. Towels were large and plentiful in the pool area. their exercise room was very nice too. I appreciated the filtered water dispenser in there too.

Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Try not to face the freeway. It is quite busy and loud throughout the night. A/C drowned out most of...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Nice foyer includes a couple of chess tables. The 2-queen bedroom was clean, spacious. Microwave and fridge were great. I was relieved that the sofa unfolded into a bed, since we were traveling with 2 teenaged boys. Good internet access, friendly staff. We have a kid with a nut allergy so we had to decline the cookies, but were cheerfully offered apples in their place. The pool and exercise room looked great, well-maintained. Very friendly staff.

The layout is best for the business traveler. Noticeable shortage of towel hangers in the bath room, impractical for more than one person, had to leave damp towels around the room for lack of anywhere to hang them in the bathroom. Lack of sink in the bathroom (only one sink available, in the main room) makes logistics complicated with 2 kids in tow. Self-serve $5 breakfast was fine but not outstanding, particularly in comparison with other Hilton properties.

Overall a good value.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Friendly, helpful staff. Clean, comfortable rooms. Breakfast has a $5 surcharge, but the quality of the items is higher than at other hotels where breakfast is free. The cookie upon check-in is a nice touch. Salem is a very nice town. I really enjoyed my time there. Lots to explore. If I return to Salem, I will be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Redmond, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My experience at the Double Tree in Salem Oregon, was perfect. Gorgeous rooms and great staff and the bed was very comfortable...I had left my temperpedic pillow at home, and realized the next morning how comfortable I slept without my special pillos. I love thier cookies! I plan on trying other Double Tree hotels to compare in the near future.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business