“Just okay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Salem, United States
“Just okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

This Double Tree was not too long ago a Phoenix Inn. The renovations are around 6 months old. during my stay, the toilet lid was cracked, the was a chip in the shower, and the caulking seemed to be coming undone. Perhaps I am being too picky but if you just renovated this hotel, it should be next to perfect. Also, the pool was out of order during my weeks stay. They also said I was one of the only guests in the hotel for the week. This was my first Double Tree so maybe they aren't all like this. I do a lot of travel for work and I don't think I will be staying at this one a second time.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Paul D
DeEstaD, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel North Salem, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
First of all thank you for submitting your review, though I do apologize for that you weren't completely satisfied with your stay. Our goal is to make your stay as pleasant as possible and obviously that wasn't your experience. We are working on the maintenance issues you had and appreciate these things being brought to our attention. It was unfortunate that the pool heater broke during the holiday, but rest assured that is a high priority to fix. I do hope we will have another opportunity to make this right for you and show you how exceptional our property and staff are.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Seattle, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

food was very poor. i mean really. website did not mention the $10 per person, $20/couple. the eggs were bizarre, the bacon the cheapest possible, the rest standard for the "free" continental breakfast at the HI Express. Hilton is making a poor choice here, maybe what their new stockholders expect though.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. Your feedback is invaluable and allows us to make a better experience for our guests. I do apologize for the issues you had with our PressNW cafe. We strive for excellent customer service and to give each guest a great experience and obviously that wasn't true for your stay. If there is anything we may do to improve on your last visit, please let us know. I do hope to get another opportunity to "wow" you with our hotel and staff.
Salem OR, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

The hotel is easy to locate off the I-5 hwy with ample parking. A nice lobby and pleasant staff greeted me with a warm cookie. I was checked in very efficiently and had a very nice room. The room was quiet, clean, and comfortable. I had my two small dogs with me, and they were welcomed as well. I will definitely stay here again when I am travelling through the area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DeEstaD, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel North Salem, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your recent visit with us! I always appreciate guest comments, as that is the only way we can improve our hotel and service. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to being able to host you again.
Bellevue, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

This was my first visit since this hotel changed over to become a DoubleTree. Wow! It's got a sophisticated, contemporary style that still feels cozy ... and clean! I enjoyed everything about this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you Mary for your wonderful review. It is always nice to hear when some one has a great stay. I always pass these on to the staff and they will be happy to hear that their contributions are appreciated. We hope to see you in the new year!
Mount Vernon,WA, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

All the hotel need is to have breakfast included. Nice, comfortable, yummy cookies, clean, nice staff. It is a little price, but you know is going to be quality. I will stay again. I have been in other Double Tree Hotels and have the same feedback. Good luck!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. It is always nice to hear from happy guests and your comments just give us an opportunity to do better for your next stay. I will definitely pass on your kind words to our hardworking staff members. We look forward to hosting you again.
Federal Way, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

We enjoyed our one-night stay. Very clean hotel, comfortable bed (plush down quilt and pillows were a nice touch) and a very friendly staff. Tasty warm cookies! Everything was good except for a dripping bathroom faucet and understaffed breakfast area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Vista, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

The staff and accommodations were everything you would want/expect from a Double Tree. I enjoyed the breakfast offerings, the selection of food was terrific. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in this area of Oregon!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your kind words! We are excited to know that you enjoyed your stay and would recommend our hotel to others. It is our goal to give every person that walks through our doors a wonderful stay. I will certainly pass on your review to our team. I hope we get an opportunity to "wow" you again.