“comfy beds!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel North Salem
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Salem
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 August 2014

we had a choice of hilton hotels and chose this one. it was good location near the highway and close to the outlet mall further north. the bed was the most comfy bed we slept in the whole week in oregon! the staff were very friendly, particularly the bartender. friendly staff, and lovely big rooms were a welcome change from other hotels we had stayed in that week. thanks. free wifi too.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
DeEstaD, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel North Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

We appreciate your positive review of our DoubleTree by Hilton Salem, Oregon hotel! We work hard to provide a comfortable stay for all our guests and the beds are certainly a big part of that. Great service is something else we strive for and I'm glad you found that too. We certainly hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future!

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel North Salem

Reviewed 12 August 2014

New to Salem Oregon , the Double Tree by Hilton has recently taken over a competing brand and remodeled the hotel from top to bottom. This is nice and appreciated by those of us who travel on a weekly basis , but the real highlight and gem in the hotels crown is the staff. Salem Oregon is not the place where you would expect to find the attention to detail that this staff provides. From the sincere welcome as you walk in to the smiling housekeeping staff. This hotel staff remembers and delivers on the experience of any of the grand hotels. None of the formulaic corporate plastic smiles and service. These folks deliver honest care and attention to the guest. The best I can say and my highest praise as they made me feel important and welcome. Look these folks up when you are in the area , just off the 5 and close to everything in the area. db

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Daniel B

Thank you so much for your very kind review of the DoubleTree by Hilton Salem, Oregon hotel! Customer service is a high priority to everyone on staff and a sense of truly caring is what the DoubleTree experience is all about. Please let me know when you are in the area again. I want to personally make your next stay even better!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I gotta say I love the staff that works in the hotel bar. Definitely help you unwind after a long day with the customer. They are friendly and know how to make you feel welcomed. Walking in and being greeted by name makes you feel like you're at home.

1  Thank Jason C
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We're used to the Doubletree being one of the nicer Hilton properties, so were disappointed at this hotel. Our room wasn't particularly clean; there was a dead bug near the wall and the bathroom floor was sticky. The microwave looked and acted like it was 20 years old, and the icemaker in the hall was broken. We could barely connect to the wireless, and it was too slow to use for much of anything - we ended up using our own hotspot. The breakfast buffet was meager, cramped and low on everything by 8:30am. This was near the end of a 9 day road trip where we stayed at several Hilton properties, and this was the only one that was disappointing. The staff was friendly, but the overall hotel experience was subpar.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stopped at the Double Tree while passing through the Salem area en route to another destination. The property is what you would expect from the Double Tree franchise - comfortable and appropriately appointed. I had made reservations, and was disappointed that my room was not yet available at 4:00 in the afternoon. But, the desk clerk redirected housekeeping staff, and after a fairly short wait I was into the room. I hit the road early in the morning, so cannot attest to the made-to-order breakfast. I would stay at this hotel again on my next trip to Salem.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel was clean and the rooms were very comfortable! The thing I liked best about my room was the large sink/vanity area that was situated in the room itself... not in the shower/toilet area.

The hotel also featured a restaurant (limited bar-food fare) and a full bar, which is always a plus! The night I checked in, Jose was bartending and triplover555 is correct... "Jose is the man!!" He was extremely friendly, made a mean salad, and an even meaner martini :) I was disappointed that he was on night-auditor duty the rest of the week.

Other things that made my stay so great:
- All of the staff were friendly and helpful
- The hotel is VERY pet-friendly
- It's located near several restaurants and a mall

The hotel's proximity to I-5 is both a blessing and a curse, depending on how heavy a sleeper you are. I was on the "quiet" side and still found the highway noise rather bothersome.

Would definitely stay here again and/or recommend it to a friend.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I enjoyed my recent stay at the Double Tree Salem. The rooms were clean, staff was friendly, helpful and efficient. Be aware that there is a charge for breakfast (I missed that when making a reservation.) I didn't use any of the amenities (pool, gym, etc) so I can't comment on those. I can say that my room exceeded my expectations.