“Good place to stay a day or longer and not spend a lot of money”

Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed 11 April 2012

A handy location for all your needs. Rooms with table and chair for paper work. Stove top for cooking. Personable service for your needs.

Room Tip: Two room sizes. One family size and one for solo or couples
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Crossland Salem - North. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, in-room wifi access, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

We travel to do dog training and competition so having a room with a kitchen helps so that we do not have to leave our dog while we go somewhere to eat especially if it is hot and the dog cannot stay in the car.
Room was clean and everything worked - but my friend's refrigerator froze her milk so she could not have her breakfast in the morning. The dial was missing to adjust it.
Bed was firm but I like it that way. Very nice shower set-up. Clerk was friendly and helpful.
I wish hotels could also rate guests! I clean up after my dog but another person did not and her dog did his poop right in front of my unit. There is no excuse for bad dog owner behavior! It ruins things for everyone else. No wonder hotels charge extra.
Also there was a noisy altercation by some other people in the middle of the night that woke us up but again that is not the hotel's fault.
Nice and inexpensive accommodations.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Crossland Salem - North.  Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff.  I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.
It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described.  Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of our guest corridors, to the personalized voicemail, is an integral part to creating a "home away from home" experience for our guests.  Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay.   Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area.  Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard operating procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it.  I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay.  The refrigerator has also been replaced in this room.
It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future.  Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page).  I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.

Reviewed 30 October 2011

Desk clerk was very pleasant, room was very clean. I didn't find the bed hard at all like everyone else says. In fact, I had one of my best nights sleep in years on this bed. I would definately stay there again. In fact, I'm planning on it. The only thing I would suggest for the manager, is to have a continental breakfast available.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Greg K
Reviewed 17 October 2010

My husband and I attempted to spend the night here for a wedding in Salem. We literally were in the room for less than half and hour when we were lying in bed and found ourselves covered with fleas. At first we were worried that they were bed bugs, but they began jumping off of our skin and clothes and were a bit small to be bed bugs. None the less, we immediately packed up our things, went to the office and asked for a refund and checked out. The room # was 232 for those that may want to know..
Fortunately, we booked thru expedia and they quickly (within literally 10 minutes) contacted the hotel, got us the refund, transferred the money to our account and booked us another hotel. This experience has solidified my confidence with expedia, but will forever make us check under the sheets and mattress pad of every hotel we stay at from here on out.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank alienz
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crossland Salem - North. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Reviewed 27 June 2010

We were heading back to Washington and spent 1 night in the Crossland Salem, seemed like a decent room on check in, but we had ants and had to put all our food in the fridge or microwave to keep the bugs out, the receptionist gave us some cleaner and rags to try and knock the ants down (it didn't work), they did give us a discount, but the walls were paper thin, and the bed was very uncomfortable too, no ice machine, and nothing nearby, not even a minimart.
If you just need someplace cheap for 1 nite and are by yourself it might be ok, don't take your wife.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2010

I did not pay very much for this room, and did not expect very much. Wireless internet is available for a $4.99 fee, though that is a one time fee for a month. The room was rather small, but it was just fine for one person. It did have a refrigerator, microwave, sink, and stove. The only complaint is that the bed I slept in was like a rock. It was surprisingly uncomfortable.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 November 2009

Staying with Crosslands in Salem is more than I can explain, from Staff ,to rooms, cleanliness, overall atmosphere. I have been back again many times & have told my other associates & family. I will also be checking into the other hotels in the chain, Portland, Eugene, & ect. Thanks is not enough.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business