“Excellent service and value” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Salem
Newport, Oregon, United States
“Excellent service and value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

I am a physician and stayed 3 months while working at a local hospital. Found the room small but adequate and the small kitchen met my needs with the small fridge, two burners and microwave. The sink was on the small side for washing up dishes and preparing meals. Muriah especially was always very friendly and helpful; and Debra and Betty too were always ready to do whatever they could to improve my stay. Overall my experience was a very pleasant one and the staff were one of the highlights.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Pat B
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Crossland Salem - North. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and I will be sure to especially thank Muriah and Brenda. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

We stayed two nights, grateful for a room with a kitchen. I'm spoiled in terms of utensils and accoutrements and so the (very) small stove and prep area were adequate, at best. I prepared two full meals on two electric burners with two saucepots... doable, but not easily. Managed to set off the fire alarm only once, and the front desk was quick to call and make sure we were okay. (my beer braising liquid boiled over!) So yes, as advertised, these rooms offer kitchens, but don't expect anything grand.

I could say the same for the rest of the room's features (except the shower, which was exceptional! great hot water supply and pressure and very roomy, too). The bed was too firm for my tastes, we wouldn't have minded another end table and maybe another comfy chair, etc.

I gave our stay five stars because of the value. Inexpensive prices, coupled with extremely friendly and amenable staff (thankyou, Kelsey!), elevated what would normally earn average reviews into the realm of awesome. We would stay here again, and recommend other travelers do the same. Even if you don't need the kitchen, Crossland - North Salem is the best value in town.

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor, east side. We heard more noise from neighboring rooms than from th...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David F
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay here at the Crossland Economy Studios Salem. I was disappointed that not all of our amenities met your expectations, but happy to see that you found a great value in our hotel. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I will be sure to mention your praise to Kelsey. I invite you to contact me at slm@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. I look forward seeing you again on your next visit, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location would love to have you too!
Lebanon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

Beverly check me in and was very helpful and an excellent smile in her phone voice as well as in person. Rooms very clean. Small but very efficient. Sheet and blanket kept coming undone as short and unable to tuck in. Internet excellent speed and if problems their tech support very helpful. Sasi case # 6067493 was nice and very helpful as well as tenacious to get it fixed for me in a reasonable time. I greatly recommend this hotel if you are on a fixed income and trying to work or job hunt. **** 4 out of 5 for me. PS: a single senior woman and I felt very safe staying here.

Room Tip: I would suggest the 3rd floor as less noise except if by Elevator Shaft. I keep air freshener spray...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lesley N
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us at the Crossland Economy Studios - Salem . I sincerely apologize that the sheets and blanket kept coming undone. In response to your feedback, I am going to review the sizing and make sure the correct ones are being used on the beds. I’m glad to hear that the wifi support team were able to help you and were so pleasant. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at slm@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2013

Stayed one night and the studio was wonderful with a small frig, burners and microwave. There is a walk-in shower which had fantastic water pressure and nice hot water that lasted. Perfect for after traveling by Amtrak for 4 days.

Only drawback is that the hotel is only a parking lot away from the busy highway. If you enjoy quiet, maybe leaving the fan on for white noise is the way to go, otherwise you could hear the traffic all night.

Bed was very comfortable, but a little on the firm side for my liking. Pillows however were very moldable, if you like firm pillows, bring your own.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank winnipesaukee
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this review, 5 March 2013
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. I am so glad the kitchen and shower were perfect for your needs, and that the bed was comfortable. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America. I am so disappointed that the freeway noise was heard in your room. Please accept my apology. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at SLM@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Pendleton, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2013

Bed was slightly stiff, but the staff there made up for it. They were extremely friendly and Muriah and Dana are soo helpful!! They answered all questions we had and gave us a welcoming experience. I will stay again and will tell others to! I plan to return!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this review, 17 February 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Crossland Salem - North. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and I will be sure to especially thank Dana and Muriah. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2013

I absolutely loved my stay at Crossland. I got exceptional service from Muriah who even called to make sure Iwas comfortable or needed anything.. That definitely didn't happen at motel 6. The room I stayed in was perfect and I loved that it had a small kitchen. I travel a lot for business so finding a good hotel that fits my budget is important. Crossland will be my new home away from home.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Crossland Salem - North. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. I will be certain to thank Muriah for taking such great care of you. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2013

I love this place.will stay again and often! They always make me feel welcomed rooms are clean and tidy..the staff is very helpful and have a eagerness to please everyone. They maintain and keep all areas clean including the parking lot and laundry room.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that to hear that our Crossland Salem North met your needs and that you love it. It is so reassuring when our guests feel welcome by our clean and tidy rooms. I will be sure to let the staff know to keep up their eagerness to please everyone. I am especially glad to hear the parking lot and guest laundry were neat and clean during your stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, when your travels bring you back to our area.