Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North
La Quinta Inn & Suites(Salem)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$99
Hotels.com
US$176
The Grand Hotel
Best Western Pacific Highway Inn(Salem)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$84
All reviewssmall kitchenan extended stay hotelfire alarmthe wi fitoaster
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 May 2013

The room was cheap and you get what you pay for. The bed was hard as a rock and it felt like we were sleeping on a piece of plywood. The room was small but clean. Free wifi but had problems getting it to connect and the desk clerk did have the IT person call us to try and fix the problem. The area around the hotel is not the best so, worried about safety and if our car would be there in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank branningme
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am disappointed to read that you found the bedding in your room to be uncomfortable and that you had trouble with accessing the internet. Please accept my apologies. The staff and I are looking into ways we can improve both of these offerings moving forward.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at SLM@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I stayed a couple months and would not recommend you stay here if you don't smoke, need internet, want a clean, quite & safe room. Most of the staff is unfriendly. House keeping only shows up every 2-3 weeks and your lucky if they clean or give you supplies. Someone on staff will rifle thru your things and steal your money or valuables. Be careful were you walk, so you don't step in dog poop. I am not sure whats worse, the smell of cigarettes or the dog pee stains on the carpet. Most of the beds are old, very hard and some even have bugs that will suck the blood out of you. They also will overcharge the rate your are quoted on the website and make charges to your credit card without your approval and only refund part of it after you complain to the corporate office. I could go on and on but I won't. Read the reviews. Oh yes they will offer you a discount it you write a positive review on this website. Do your homework, go 1 more exit south on Interstate 5 and you will find a number of clean hotels who will be happy to serve you.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
7  Thank Michael B
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2013

Michael - Thank you for providing us with feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am very sorry that our staff did not attend to your needs properly and for the level of cleanliness in your room. In response, I am speaking with the staff about improving our procedures and policies to ensure these types of situations do not happen again in the future. As well, please know, one of our priorities is to ensure all of our guests feel comfortable during their visit. I apologize if you did not feel this way. Still, as this hotel's manager, I can assure you our staff would not partake in any illegal activity, especially while inside a guests room.

Again, we appreciate your comments. Please contact us directly at the hotel if you would like to speak further. We hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

I stayed at this location after a recent move across country for work. I lived there for six weeks and the staff was gracious. My room was cleaned weekly as requested, the wi-fi was free of charge and the facilities were beyond adequate. The location so close to Lancaster made it easy to do grocery shopping as well as get some food or go to a bar. There was minimal noise and no "shady" characters patrolling around. I would gladly suggest you stay here.

There is another posting on here from a "Will P" that trashes the place, please do not pay this posting any mind as it is rife with spelling mistakes and general sour grapes complaining. It is a wonderful place. Go stay there.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jamaal A
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that your 6 week stay was a great one and our associates were gracious! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 30 April 2013 via mobile

I was booked here by my company for 8 weeks. This is an inexpensive place to stay, and as such, expect no frills. It has very basic tiny rooms. The decor is dated and worn. The bed was hard and very uncomfortable.
The I-5 freeway side of the hotel is for smokers and the smoke leaks through the bathroom fan and around the plumbing under the sinks into the non-smoking rooms. The Fisher Road side of the hotel has smokers who stand outside and smoke and then that comes in the heater/AC and/or window.
The weekly cleaning wasn't thorough (I made a distinctive mark in the dust/dead bugs on the hood above the stovetop and it stayed there for 4 weeks until I cleaned it! Spider webs and marks on the walls were never removed during my stay.) For 6 of the 8 weeks I had to go ask for toilet paper as I wasn't left with any extra besides the mostly used up roll I had. I was usually, but not always, left with little bars of soap and a little packet of dishwashing soap. The alarm clock was non-functional except to tell the time. The bottom window lock was broken off/non-functional. The staff is generally polite, but not friendly. The traffic sounds are easily audible from within the rooms, as are the TV sounds from other rooms.
The neighborhood is the northeast side of Salem and is not a safe location. My coworkers told me that this area is where most of the methamphetamine and shooting problems are in Salem.
If you do decide to stay here, be forewarned that the elevator broke down with 3 kids in it while I was here and the fire department had to be called to get them out. So use the stairs!
The free wi-fi is only consistently accessible if you are in/close to the office.
The coin-operated washers and dryers cost $2 each for wash and $2 each for dry. Check the machines for problems before you put your money in.
I'm afraid I cannot recommend staying here.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank SLPlovesPE42

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed that you had such poor service during your 8 week stay. Please accept my apology. I am speaking with our staff to ensure that the service we provided to you does not happen again in the future. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your comments. I hope that you will contact me directly, at SLM@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

It is terrible they have now respect for you and they dont have breakfest ice machine and they dont have a pool it sucks i will never stay at this dump again the rooms are small and they dont give you soap they dont have a change machine

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank willp191

Will - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that our staff did not attend to your needs properly. Using your remarks as an example, we will be reviewing the importance of customer service and I will be coaching them on ways to improve this as well.

In response to your feedback, I am sorry we did have the amenities available to make your stay a pleasant one. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me at slm@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.