“Dog droppings in front of room for one week” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Salem
Wickenburg, Arizona
“Dog droppings in front of room for one week”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

Informed front desk of huge dog droppings in front of room 135, said they would take care of it,

Well it is friday now and the mess is still there after 5 (five) days!!!

Hope they start patroling the grounds and lawn daily to CLEAN up the existing mess!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank richard b

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

You will be very glad when you stay here!! The staff is so efficient, friendly and professional! The rooms are very nice and clean and comfortable. Even with another person and my 2 cats, the room is very efficient and comfortable. The Crossland staff will always help you. They will take mail and packages for you, help you find places you need to go to, and they will give you discounts off your bill the longer you stay. By staying one month, we have saved approx. $100/week. They will always clean, give you necessary supplies and are always helpful and friendly. I highly recommend Crossland Economy Studios if you need to stay in Salem and don't want to rent an apartment. You can rent week by week, and the rooms are completely furnished. They are very pet-friendly. Many people here have dogs; some are very big! You will be very happy!

Room Tip: All rooms have free wifi which is really helpful. I had trouble getting it set up, but I called thei...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sandra999999
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm thrilled that our staff was so efficient, friendly and professional. It was especially nice to hear how you were able to take advantage of our low monthly rate saving you about $100/week. It sounds like it was truly a value for you.

Once again, thank you again for your review. It has been a pleasure to host your stay and we look forward to hosting your next visit.
eugene oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

EXCELLENT experience! First, I made an error in registering and Debra Stewart very patiently helped me. Mariah, the woman who checked me in was simply fabulous -- she was pleasant, kind, efficient, and in my 50+ years of traveling, I can honesty say she was in the TOP 1%. I have had experiences with many people who are either pleasant or kind or efficient, but she has to be the first who was all the above.

Room Tip: If you're looking for a place that is conveniently located, has a nice small kitchenette, is cle...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank gertieineugene
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our location was convenient for you and the kitchen was such a plus. I am especially thrilled that Muriah as so pleasant, kind and efficient. I will be sure to let her read your comments. It was our pleasure to help you when you needed it.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Greensboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

This is the very basic hotel; while staying here you get a bed, internet, table, a small fridge, a tv, small closet space, microwave, stovetop, silverware, dishes, a frying pan, and a pot. That's the extent of the place, there's really not much to say about it.

I lived here for two months (it is an extended stay hotel) and I do not recommend that anyone live here for more than two weeks.

The internet is up and down but prepare for slow speeds. We paid the extra money for fast internet and it went from 5kb/s to 250kb/s, repeatedly going up and down, throughout the day so do not depend on the internet for downloads, steaming, or skype.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front so you are not facing the highway. You can get a toaster and a hairdrye...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ryder S
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

I didn't expect much from this place right up until I opened the door. The price was so cheap that I figured we were gambling with how bad it could be. However, when I checked in, the service was excellent - friendly and helpful staff, and they really seemed to care that we were taken care of. When we entered the suite, we found a very clean and attractive suite that was comfortable to stay in. Even the nooks and crannies that typically don't get cleaned, were clean. The place may as well have been brand new. I think the place must have been recently renovated because everything was fresh. When I checked out, the staff were even friendlier, and seemed to actually care about my answer when they asked 'How was your stay?'. Honestly, it was the best place we stayed on our 2 week road trip, and the price was excellent. I would stay here again for sure. Oh and free wifi!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravellingForCheap
Salem, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

Found Crossland by searching Craigslist when we were planning our move to Salem. When we arrived our check-in was handled quickly and courteously considering the late hour. We were absolutely amazed at the cleanliness and size of the room (we had one with 2 double beds). It was very comfortable, and the property was quiet and well-kept. We stayed for an extended period, and during the entire stay the staff was always friendly, helpful, and attentive to our needs. I would recommend Crossland highly to any friend needing a place to stay in Salem.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tom D
Brookings, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

The place is clean. The bed is comfortable. The internet is slow unless you want to pay extra. The room is small. There is no shampoo. There is no hair dryer. There is only one chair so it is hard for two people to eat at the table. There is no fitness center. I suggest that if you look around you'll almost certainly get a better deal at another place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the east side of the building so that you will be screened from the noiose from I...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank albwilson
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear your report of the rooms being so clean and comfortable. I sincerely apologize that you were not told of the amenities we offer when you checked in. Although they are not in the room we do offer shampoo, hairdryers and an iron with ironing board upon request at the front desk.

If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at SLM@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.