Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North
US$198
The Grand Hotel
US$209
Residence Inn
Best Western Pacific Highway Inn(Salem)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$96
US$129
US$110
All reviewssmall kitchenan extended stay hotelfire alarmthe wi fitoaster
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We stayed at Crossland for 3 weeks & found the property to be conveniently located, and our studio to be clean, comfortable and equipped to a level appropriate to the price. We liked having a fully equipped kitchenette to save on restaurant costs and the laundry was useful for our longer stay. The staff readily attended to anything we asked; and provided helpful local advice. The only negative for us was that the free Wi-Fi was very slow, but we understand that a boosted speed was available for a modest extra price. We would certainly stay at Crossland again, and based on our experience, we will try other Crossland properties in the future.

Room Tip: Our room on the top floor, on the side furthest away from the Interstate Highway, was quiet, with little traffic noise and virtually no internal plumbing or other hotel noises. It had access to both stairs & elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank hughandmaggie
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Hugh and Maggie - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be a great value for the money. I am so happy that our fully equipped kitchenette saved you money. I am especially thrilled that staff readily attended to your needs. I will be sure to let them read your comments. It was our pleasure to help you when you needed it.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

My daughters and I needed a budget priced place to stay for a couple days while visiting someone in Hospital ...found this place online. OMG I have never stayed in such a filth pit in my life! I would NOT RECOMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE!!!! Its nastyy and dirty, broken down beds, stained and filthy carpets ..filthy bathroom..I didnt even stay there, I stayed up at the hospital.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank suzan w

Suzan - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed that you found your room was disgusting and dirty, as well as the and carpet. Please accept my apology. In response to your feedback, I am reviewing bed replacements, and guest rooms will be thoroughly detailed by our housekeeping staff.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at SLM@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

This is the third year we have stayed at Crosland's. We usually book on line then phone and ask for room on 2/3 floor in the front. No problems. They will provide extra pillows etc. if required. We visited in June 2013 and they had free Wi Fi. Hope to visit next year.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WestonSuffolk
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Internet access is non existent. When contacted; staff refer you to a 800#. Takes about a hour to reach someone, then have to do the normal stuff every time to find out that its NOT your computer its something upstream with the provider. Had to call at least six times to get Internet going again. Buttons on the phone stick; had to get front desk to transfer the call in, lots of noise from inconsiderate guests next door. Sink was falling off the bathroom wall. The dresser and furniture looked to be very warn and old/no way I'd put my stuff in those drawers. A couple spiders kept me company in the room. Have to ask the front desk for extra's of everything/toilet paper/soap/shampoo, etc. Not enough electrical outlets to plug chargers in. No counter space. Be careful or your bathroom items will fall off into the toilet. There is no space in the room. I'll consider other motel rooms before choosing this one again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank n0name1234
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Informed front desk of huge dog droppings in front of room 135, said they would take care of it,

Well it is friday now and the mess is still there after 5 (five) days!!!

Hope they start patroling the grounds and lawn daily to CLEAN up the existing mess!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business