“Great room for the price!!”

Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Salem
“Great room for the price!!”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

This is actually a REALLY nice hotel for the price. This place offers a stove and decent sized frige for drinks and snacks. The room was s on the smaller side, but very comfortable and clean. It has a good sized area to hang up clothes or fold them away. Perfect for someone traveling on business or as an in-between residence or get awayy. You can save money on eating out and just buy things to prepare. The staff is very friendly and the bed was comfortable as well. The towels and linens are better than other hotels that I've been to that cost more.

BUT...

This hotel is in a rough area of town and that's not the hotel's fault, but make sure to lock everything up at night! I'd recommend parking your vehicle where you can see it from your room, and if you have one, make sure the alarm is on!! Just keep your eyes and ears open as you would anytime you travel!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 123estrella1
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your room, especially the kitchen, and our staff's friendly service. As well, it is great to know that everything was comfortable and clean overall. Please know, our staff takes guest safety very seriously and I can assure you will take action as needed. We recommend that you take precautions at any of our hotels, not just this one.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 20 December 2013

For an extended stay, this facility offers the equipment to be able to economize. Kitchenette is well appointed, with everything one needs to prepare meals: refrigerator, microwave, stovetop, plates, silverware, pots and pans, toaster, etc. Bathroom is small but well-designed. Main room is bigger than most rooms in economy motels: plenty of surface space for getting work done, and room is well-lit.
The disconcerting factor is that this motel is obviously used as an extension of "charitable" organizations which provide housing for persons who do not contribute to society. Having to ask a person hanging around in front of my door all day to go smoke in front of his own room instead of mine is uncomfortable and should not be necessary. As other contributors have already noted, parking lot is noisy, with people who should be working running around instead.

Staff is great: responsive, courteous and hospitable.

I would not, regrettably, recommend this place to others. There is too large of a probability of criminal activity by persons housed there who do not pay their own ways, and therefore do not respect the boundaries of those of us who do.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MegandBigGeorge
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear you had a comfortable stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you found our spacious suites and fully equipped kitchen to meet your needs. I am thrilled to hear our staff was great, responsive, courteous and hospitable. I am sorry that you had difficulty with another guest smoking. We will do what we can to prevent this for future guests.

I invite you to reach out to me at SLM@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with an even better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town
Roseburg, Oregon
Reviewed 23 November 2013

My room had a new mattress and I liked it! Bed spread was filthy, as was the carpet. Towels were thin. Like the kitchens and always have, staff is always great. Parking lot was noisy as usual. I wish they would pat attention to all the dirt bags coming and going, talking loud, slamming doors, running their engines for long periods of time. They have always had these issues as they seem to cater to this type of people. So it's 50/50 as to if you are going to actually get a good nights sleep. There are no other hotels close to this area though and it's doable, the price is right too.
I'll stay there again because it is close to where I need to be.

Room Tip: Try to get in the back.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Harleyca100
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you liked the new mattress and that our staff are always great! However I am sorry your bedspread and carpet were not clean and you are still experiencing noise from other guests. We will have our Housekeeping staff ensure that all comforts and sheets are cleaned and any that are stained are removed from rotations.

McMinnville, Oregon
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Basic but clean. Needed relatively inexpensive place near my employment to stay overnight for sleep and to grade papers, since I taught evenings and had a Friday AM meeting on campus. Small, but had refrigerator (kitchenette, actually) and a well-lighted table for work space. Comfortable bed, friendly staff. No complaints and I has since stayed several times for similar visits.

Room Tip: have been on both 2nd and 3rd floors. No problem.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank lindarichard2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you for your review of our property. I'm thrilled that your stay was comfortable and our staff was friendly. So glad to hear that you liked the kitchen and well lighted work space.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This was the most horrible experience I ever have had. I made arrangements to check out at 2:30 pm and had police officers arrive an hour and half earlier than that to escort me off property because I got upset over sheets that had biological contaminants on them and that I shared that with guests checking in. The police officers kept threatening to arrest me because I was telling them my side of the story and not packing fast enough. Then they opened all drawers and kept handing my things to me without my permission because they told me I was trespassing when I had made an arranged check out time that had not passed. I was even still charged for this service and treatment for my stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Jean165084

Travellers are raving about these Salem hotels

Santa Clara, California, United States
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We expected a lot from Extended Stay America hotels. However, the quality of room and service was pretty bad. The lady at the frontdesk was really terrible and was asking too many questions just to get the room cleaned and get the towels replaced.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Tulasi K
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the quality of room and service you expected. I am so sorry our staff was terrible and asking too many questions and you had difficulty exchanging towels. We encourage our front desk staff to engage in pleasant conversation with our guests, I am sorry we failed at that.

I am reviewing with our staff the importance of providing a friendly conversation and service. I invite you to contact me at SLM@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
australia
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We stayed at Crossland for 3 weeks & found the property to be conveniently located, and our studio to be clean, comfortable and equipped to a level appropriate to the price. We liked having a fully equipped kitchenette to save on restaurant costs and the laundry was useful for our longer stay. The staff readily attended to anything we asked; and provided helpful local advice. The only negative for us was that the free Wi-Fi was very slow, but we understand that a boosted speed was available for a modest extra price. We would certainly stay at Crossland again, and based on our experience, we will try other Crossland properties in the future.

Room Tip: Our room on the top floor, on the side furthest away from the Interstate Highway, was quiet, with li...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank hughandmaggie
Hugh and Maggie - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be a great value for the money. I am so happy that our fully equipped kitchenette saved you money. I am especially thrilled that staff readily attended to your needs. I will be sure to let them read your comments. It was our pleasure to help you when you needed it.