“Fair for the price”

Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Salem
Boise, ID
“Fair for the price”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I paniced when I stepped into the office to check in to this place. The sour towel smell was strong and didn't bode well. However, the room was clean, the towels were fresh. The room was spacious, the bed was comfortable and the air conditioning worked. I was amused by the efficiency kitchen for which you must request dishes & utensils (at an extra charge? I didn't check.) There wasn't even an ice bucket or a plastic drinking glass in the room! I was given a wifi code at check in, but was never able to get it to work. Perhaps my error. I didn't pursue this further with the office. Still, for what I paid, this room was a bargain.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank openrangepony
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Thank you for your review of our property. I'm thrilled that your room was clean and spacious, and that your bed was comfortable and to your liking. Still, I do apologize that our Wi-Fi was not working during your stay with us. I will be investigating this issue with my maintenance staff to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Cerritos, California
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed here for 9 weeks and overall enjoyed my stay as I became more attached to the place. But this is a place worth avoiding if you can.

Pros:
The staff is very friendly and attentive.
Provides kitchenware if you request it.

Cons:
Not an ideal area if you want something family-friendly. It's nearby a lingerie store, an adult bookstore, and a strip club.
Only 1 person working at check-in so if you come during a busy time be prepared to wait.
Beds are small, uncomfortable, and dirty. You will find random stains on the sheets. Pillows are flimsy. I had to drive to Wal-Mart in the middle of the night to buy new pillows and sheets because the ones provided were of very low quality.
Floors are not cleaned well. Since it is pet-friendly and smoke-friendly, there were cigarette burns and scratches on the carpet.
Room cleaning is OK sometimes but other times they miss things (like vacuuming under the table)
Bathrooms are small. The sink area is especially tiny and not big enough to place anything on so you have to keep your toiletries somewhere else.
Very thin walls. You can hear everything next-door and outside. Sometimes people are arguing late outside and it can be heard clearly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank khauboy
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear the staff is very friendly and attentive and that kitchen ware is available. Still, I sincerely apologize for the cleanliness issues you experienced in your room and bed. In response to your feedback, I will be working with my housekeeping staff to review our cleanliness standards to ensure that your experience is not repeated. If you have and additional feedback, please reach out to me at SLM@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Travellers are raving about these Salem hotels

Redmond, Washington
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This was not what we expected. At first glance, it appeared ok. Staff is very nice and friendly.
Room was clean, but that is about all. Where do I begin? The bed - if that was a full size bed - I would be shocked. The TV - 20 inch square - the entire TV and the remote did not work, screen way too small, no guides as to what channels, etc. The towels were extremely thin. The shower - was good - no tub - but very warm water. Didn't even have plastic glasses wrapped in plastic - had to ask for glasses to drink from. A dark room. WiFi is weak and the stronger WIFI - they wanted payment for - so not really free. I didn't feel safe for my car.
Pass on this one.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank kat0528
Oregon
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Staff was very friendly and helpful. I liked that I could have my pet with me. Room was disappointing to say the least, it was clean but there was an odor that I could not identify. The smoke alarm was missing and I was told it would be checked. I stayed here for two nights and when I left the smoke alarm was still missing. Beds are DOUBLE as in narrow and uncomfortable for two people. This will be my first and LAST time to stay here.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dorris311
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We are very sorry that your room did not meet your expectations. We will be working with our housekeeping staff and our maintenance engineer to ensure that every room is cleaned properly and that everything is in working order prior to our guest's arrival. We are glad that you found our staff to be friendly and enjoyed the comfort of having your pet with you.

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will contact us directly, at SLM@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Raytown, Missouri
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I travel approximately 6 to 8 times a year and this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in!! first of all, my mother and I reserved a room and had to sleep in the same full size bed which I will say was a comfortable bed, however it was not an ideal setup.I also got a room for my brother who was traveling for his daughters graduation from Oregon State which is in Corvallis but we were unable to get a room there. he was staying with his wife and his 17-year-old son. online it shows the rooms with two beds and maybe a couch that lets out into a bed however his room like mine only had a full-size bed they were specific in letting the hotel know that there will be three people however my sister-in-law and nephew had to stay in Corvallis with my niece. my brother has stage for colon cancer so his comfort is important to me. His room smelled like cigarettes, so I switched rooms with him. We moved him (with his family to another hotel the following day). We asked the workers (either Debra or Brenda and some nice, young girl) to move him to another room with two beds and they would not. I checked the internet that night and it stated that they had rooms that would accommodate two adults and two children at that hotel so either they had the rooms and would not accommodate us or they are lying on the Internet, either way they are liars and I would never stay there. if I did not have the money to pay more for room elsewhere, I would sleep in my car!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!