“Good food and really good service”
Review of Bentley's Grill

Bentley's Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Bentley's Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 544 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Trade St.
Description: Northwest Inspired Cuisine In Salem Oregon Looking for lunch, dinner, late night eats, drinks or a reason to celebrate? Join us for a culinary experience you are sure not to forget! Located in The Grand Hotel in Salem, Bentley’s Grill is a full service, Northwest Inspired, restaurant and bar. Offering some of the finest choices of fresh Pacific Northwest cuisine, and over 300 varieties of the region’s most enological offerings, Bentley’s Grill has something for everyone’s palate. An amazing menu, full bar, wine tasting and an incredible happy hour await you!
Reviewed 26 June 2014

When we arrived in Salem, we were too tired to go searching for food, so we took a chance on Bentley's Grill, which was really good. I had a flight of local wines, an appetizer and a large salad, while my partner had one of the drink specials and his second choice entrée (the first was sold out). Although there was nothing particularly outstanding about our meal, the food was really good, well seasoned, well prepared and well presented. What made the experience was the setting, which is lovely, and the service, which was beautifully friendly and very professional.

I'd definitely eat there again (and if we lived in Salem, we'd be regulars).

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We chose Bentley's for a family dinner after our daughter's graduation because of location. We will return for the food and service! Our waitress (Sherry) was wonderful -- very friendly, efficient, and attentive. All food and drinks were well-presented and delicious. Our group of 9 enjoyed a variety of items: pasta, crab cakes, soup, seafood chowder, salads, a burger, ..., plus several different bar drinks and desserts. We were all very pleased. I enjoyed the best butternut squash ravioli I have ever had with a wonderful salad of baby spinach and bibb lettuce tossed in citrus vinaigrette, topped with goat cheese and candied hazelnuts. Wonderful!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

In Salem on business and used Trip Advisor to find a place to eat after a long day of planes, trains and automobiles. I didn't know it was a hotel restaurant until I arrived. Nothing against hotel restaurants but I know how value can be when attached to hotels. I decided to give it a try regardless. The staff were extremely friendly, the menu small and to the point. Being torn between steak, burgers or fish I decided to order several different appetizers. The ahi tuna comes with a strange looking sauce but don't let looks fool you. It was great. I believe it was kalamata olive puree. The mac and cheese was awesome but be prepared, get it to share. The crab cakes where arguably the best. Enjoy!

1  Thank downtownbrown1
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Location: Very classy & fancy looking restaurant inside the hotel, next to the lobby.
Parking: You will need to go past the hotel and after the light, pull into a parking garage on the right side of the street, unless you are staying at the hotel, there is rarely and parking under the hotel itself.
Service: Went for lunch on administrative professionals day, we had our order taken and waited 1 entire hour for our food without apologies on the wait. Apparently that is the norm there at lunch time.
Quality: I had an egg salad sandwich & soup because it was one of the few items under $10. To make it fancy, they used avocado in the mix. Nothing spectacular taste wise or looks wise on the food.
Opinion: I see no point in going there again for me. Unless you are a professional that is looking to impress a client of some sort & are willing to be set back a $50 tab to get lunch, I don't see many Salemites making this a regular hang out.

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

The staff and deserts at bentleys are as sweet as can be! Came in just for desert (since we missed dinner) and we're delighted with the desert options.