“All the luxury of a Motel 6, but twice the price!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The title says it all (almost). This was a pretty disappointing hotel. The beds were like old trampolines, the pool smelled like a chlorine spill, and hallways look like Norman Bates might wander them. In all seriousness, the beds were so bad, I tried the chair and the floor before deciding the bed was marginally better.

The only saving grace was the breakfast, which was pretty good for a hotel breakfast and included hot eggs, sausages, biscuits, waffles, passable coffee, juice, etc.

I wouldn't recommend the place. You can do better for your money and, if not, just hit the Motel 6 and get basically the same for half the price.

Room Tip: Get a room at a different hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed this hotel. Very clean, good breakfast. They had several selections and many hot items as well. The staff was very friendly and helpful.. The entrance is somewhat awkward because it goes through Costco. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The La Quinta Inn rooms were good sized, clean, comfortable and quiet. Breakfast was quite good for a "budget" hotel.Staff was friendly and efficient. Important for us was that La Quinta is pet friendly with no charge for pets in contrast to the nearly Best Western charging a $20 fee. The hotel parking lot was insufficient for a fully booked hotel. Entry from the north is a bit difficult and requires a "U-turn" to access the hotel.

Room Tip: Upper floor quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

La Quinta Inn and Suites is the greatest hotel in Salem. If you want to get the best hotel with the most reasonable prices, you will want to stay here...period!!! Not only is the hotel the cleanest in town, the customer service is unbeatable!!! From the General Manager, Jae, all the way down the line! The staff, including but not limited to Manny, Vanessa, and the entire night staff were the most courteous and considerate people I have met on all my business travels. I have no complaints. These folks went above and beyond what one would expect. The pool is fantastic and even the fitness center. La Quinta also allows pets which makes the hotel an option for everyone!!! I would highly recommend this hotel to EVERYONE who would like a great stay, great breakfast, and the best service you can expect. Please patronize this hotel; you will receive everything you expect and more. CLEAN, GREAT SERVICE, and GREAT PRICES...what more could you ask for? Don't think twice, just book your room and find out for yourself!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We've stayed at this property several times and choose this location because of convenience while visiting family in the area. There is some deterioration in the rooms as far as carpet maintenance, dated fixtures, and general overall appearance The lamps near the beds did not work and one of the shades had a hole burned in it, probably because someone tilted it for better reading ability. (Update these fixtures!) While the location is convenient to the freeway and next to Costco, its' entry and exit are terrible. If you need to get back on the main street to the freeway, etc. you can only turn right and then go down a couple of blocks to make a U-turn to come back to the traffic signal and main street. Otherwise, you can wind your way through the Costco parking lot (yuk!) to come out at the light leading into the store lot. During peak travel times when the hotel is heavily booked, parking is a real problem.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank SUZQ1
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We learned the hard way that the Best Western across the street is a nicer facility, has better customer service, a better breakfast, quieter rooms, frig & microwave in the rooms, and has easy access to Mission St. (which La Quinta does not!). The manager of this La Quinta, Mr. Lee, has NO understanding of basic courtesy and the value of customer loyalty. My daughter is a student at Willamette University, so we have reason to book a hotel in Salem several times a year. In June I booked a one-night stay. When we arrived at the property after a long drive from CA, I learned that I had typed one digit incorrectly and had reserved for the previous night. I acknowledge that I did make a mistake, but keep in mind that I am a La Quinta Returns member, I was a repeat customer, and the hotel was not full so they would not have lost anything by simply transferring the reservation by one night. The clerk would not give us any break. I asked to speak to the supervisor. He said he was a supervisor and insisted that we would be charged full price for the previous night as well as the current night. We left and checked in at the Best Western across the street. When we got home, I sent an email to La Quinta, who then had the real manager, Mr. Lee, phone me. Mr. Lee was very rude. He did not want to listen to what happened and kept interrupting to tell me this was my fault and he owed me nothing. Technically this was true but also very short sighted. He went on and on about how I had disrupted his Sunday, and he deserved some personal time. Excuse me, Mr. Lee, but YOU called me. I became very frustrated and ended the call. He called back and the same thing happened again! He called back a third time, and my husband took the call. Mr. Lee then offered us 50% off a future stay, but by this point we had decided we would never stay at his hotel again even if he paid us! We will also advise all of our friends and relatives who will be coming up to visit and for graduation to do the same. The price at the Best Western is just a tad higher, but the added value is huge.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank CindyA999
LQ6486GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

We apologize that your experience was not what you expected from La Quinta.
We wanted to compensate your no-show charges by giving you a 50 % off of your next stay wth us although it is the hotel policy to charge the guaranteed reservation no-shows.
Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.
We hope you would consider staying with us again soon.