“This hotel lives up to the La Quinta reputation”

La Quinta Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Salem
globeseeker007
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,145 helpful votes
“This hotel lives up to the La Quinta reputation”
Reviewed 11 October 2010

We stayed several nights at this motel while in Salem. It is located close to the freeway and is next to a Cosco. There is a Dennys close by within walking distance. We were in a room with 2 double beds, a refrigerator, and microwave. The hotel provided newspapers if one got to the lobby early enough to get one before they were all gone. The continental breakfast consisted of bagles, yoghurt, cereal, sweet rolls, waffles, eggs & bacon or sausage, juice and coffee. The room was clean and the staff was pleasant.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
california
Reviewed 18 August 2010

good value, clean, helpful staff and a good breakfast. Right beside Costco so there was some truck noise but we would stay there again. Other comparable hotels were $50 more!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Eagle Point, Oregon
Reviewed 18 July 2010

Stay away...chewed up gum on pillow and very loud rattling ancient air conditioner. Room was gross and noise kept us up all night.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 14 May 2010

Based on the website for La Quinta located in Salem, the rooms are remodeled. Their site should say "partially remodeled." The parking lot is very small and tight, good luck if you are in a truck. Upon walking in, I noticed cracked, taped up tiles in the entry. The front staff was nice. Headed up to my room, could tell it was an old hotel, old looking doors and carpet in the halls. My room appeared to have newer carpet and furniture. The bathroom had old tile and old wallpaper, even a whole in the wall above the shower. The shower head was nice however. I did not have any complimentary shampoo, conditioner, or lotion in my room - isn't that a given at a hotel? There is a microwave and refrigerator in the room which is convenient. It was overall pretty quiet but I did have a room that wasn’t by I-5. Costco and other food/shopping is close by. The breakfast looked like it had quite a few options but I went with the instant oatmeal. There are no vending machines for snacks, only pop. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank kt0523
Sunnyvale, CA
Reviewed 11 July 2009

Located just off I-5 at exit 253 and practically just behind the Costco, you really can't beat this place for convenience. A hot breakfast with a waffle machine, juice, coffee, hard boiled eggs. No scrambled eggs or sausage. And of course cinnamon buns and other pastry items. Carbs primarily. But more than sufficient to get you going in the morning. Small parking lot and narrow/shallow stalls means the big honking pickup trucks aren't going to like this place, and folks parked next to them are going to be unhappy about door-dings by jerks driving said brutish trucks. But it's hard to beat a place that offers some great room rates and is in a prime location next to Costco, Lowes, HDepot, Sportsmans Warehouse, and one of the best stocked Dollar Tree stores on the west coast.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank gyozadude
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 1 June 2009

Not an impressive Holiday Inn Express. The property was OK and the staff were nice enough but there was nothing to say ‘This is a Holiday Inn and we are proud of it’ feeling. Overpriced for what you get, next time either Albany or Portland.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tailes2
Eugene, OR
Reviewed 11 September 2007

This hotel is a mess! First, there aren't enough parking spaces for the guests. I ended up parking in the driveway for two nights. Second, I had reserved a King Jacuzzi room. Upon check-in, we were handed the keys to a King room...no jacuzzi. I went to the front desk to report the problem and was advised that they were oversold and no jacuzzi room was available. The front desk staff at this property are very courteous and friendly; they also will do anything they can to solve problems. William (Front Desk) offered to discount the room, but I refused because I had planned on the jacuzzi for a romantic evening with my partner. We were celebrating our 2nd anniversary. I insisted that he find what I wanted at another property for the same price. He obliged, and booked us into another hotel. As we were leaving he stopped us in the parking lot to advise us that there was a last minute cancellation, and a King jacuzzi room was available. In order to waste no more time, we took it. We went out to dinner after getting settled in the room and came back to find no parking places available in the parking lot. The lady at the front desk told me to park in the driveway by the side. This happened both nights of our stay. The breakfast that I have always looked forward to at HIexp has been diluted to a less than glorified continental breakfast. I was disappointed, and went to Denny's across the street. Upon checkout, the young lady at the front desk, whose name I have unfortunately forgotten, credited my bill with $20.00, and explained that was her limit but she felt I should have it, and more if she could. The only good thing I have to say about this property is they have excellent staff at the front desk. For their sake, I hope they can keep them.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Parking dilemma, mistake in accommodations.
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank RickinOregon