“Terrible Example of Holiday Inn Express”

La Quinta Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Salem
Eugene, OR
“Terrible Example of Holiday Inn Express”
Reviewed 11 September 2007

This hotel is a mess! First, there aren't enough parking spaces for the guests. I ended up parking in the driveway for two nights. Second, I had reserved a King Jacuzzi room. Upon check-in, we were handed the keys to a King room...no jacuzzi. I went to the front desk to report the problem and was advised that they were oversold and no jacuzzi room was available. The front desk staff at this property are very courteous and friendly; they also will do anything they can to solve problems. William (Front Desk) offered to discount the room, but I refused because I had planned on the jacuzzi for a romantic evening with my partner. We were celebrating our 2nd anniversary. I insisted that he find what I wanted at another property for the same price. He obliged, and booked us into another hotel. As we were leaving he stopped us in the parking lot to advise us that there was a last minute cancellation, and a King jacuzzi room was available. In order to waste no more time, we took it. We went out to dinner after getting settled in the room and came back to find no parking places available in the parking lot. The lady at the front desk told me to park in the driveway by the side. This happened both nights of our stay. The breakfast that I have always looked forward to at HIexp has been diluted to a less than glorified continental breakfast. I was disappointed, and went to Denny's across the street. Upon checkout, the young lady at the front desk, whose name I have unfortunately forgotten, credited my bill with $20.00, and explained that was her limit but she felt I should have it, and more if she could. The only good thing I have to say about this property is they have excellent staff at the front desk. For their sake, I hope they can keep them.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Parking dilemma, mistake in accommodations.
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank RickinOregon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
KY
Reviewed 5 July 2007

Hidden charges
spying on guest
untruthful about english speaking employees

Stayed June 2007
Boston
Reviewed 25 June 2007

we loved this hotel. had never stayed in a HIExpress before. people very pleasant. room clean, great bed linens and towels, quiet. all the sundries there. little exercise room but adequate and good hours. great breakfast set-up. something for everyone. newspapers out. travel info up to date and available.

Stayed June 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
Reviewed 18 June 2007

The hotel was very clean, with nice new furnishings. The beds were comfortable, the mini suite was large enough for 3 adults and one child. The staff was extreamly nice and helpful, and even though parking was difficult when returning to the hotel late at night. they had a security guard who helped us find a place to park. The only downside was the lack of a jacuzzi, but my daughter and I swam in the indoor pool and the manager even brought towles without us asking. I am a pretty picky person and for the price this was an excellent place to stay.

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — Lack of jacuzzi
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Kennewick, Washington
Reviewed 26 June 2006

They just finished remodeling. $80 a night for two queen beds. Stay on the fourth floor, they have cathedral type ceiling and it makes the room appear larger. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Free internet access. Email access on a computer in the lobby. No hot tub. Small swimming pool and small exercise room.. Right next door to Costco and close to the freeway but a little ways to downtown. You cannot turn left when exiting the parking lot. The ice machine was broken and the only other one on floor two was overworked and quite often empty. Good breakfast: cinnamon rolls, biscuits and gray, hard boiled eggs, waffles, bagels, fruit, cereal, juice and milk.

• Stayed June 2006
3 Thank juliebug52
los angeles
Reviewed 26 August 2003

I had a nice stay here in August, 2003. The room was clean and the breakfast was plentiful and included in the price, which was worth it.
The front desk screwed up my check out and ended up charging me for someone else's higher priced room, but after a few phone calls the next day, it was worked out. It is not super close to the downtown, but as long as you have a car, you are fine.

5 Thank hanlgt