“Bring a Picnic and Allow Plenty of Time”

Enchanted Forest Theme Park
Ranked #7 of 87 things to do in Salem
More attraction details
Owner description: A theme park nestled in the beautiful lush forests of Oregon with lots of hands on see and do adventure. Stroll through Storybook Lane, the Western Town. and the English Village, home of the Fantasy Fountains water-light show. Rides include the Ice Mountain Bobsled Roller Coaster, the Big Timber Log Ride, indoor target shooting Challenge of Mondor, bumper cars plus several kiddy rides and a walk-through Haunted House. The outdoor comedy theatre presents farces on fairy tales during the summer months. Picnicking, gift shops, food and more.
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Our grandchildren love this place. Bring a stroller and water bottles for them. Smallest ones like the nursery rhyme themed activities, like the "Hickory Dickory" clock complete with the mouse, going through the (a little scary) rabbit hole tunnel, seeing where Snow White lives, etc. A little older, and they love rides, the big slide on a burlap bag, exploring the western fort with its passageways and slide and looking in the windows of the old west town to see how things were way back when. They find all this by ambling along on trails in a shady forest. To rest little legs, the indoor water feature is mesmerizing, but the dramas don't seem very engaging, especially to adults. The bigger rides are fun for older children and adults who don't expect Disneyland. This is an older, low-key, homemade place which is a pleasant tradition here in Salem. Since the food is forgettable and expensive, we prefer to bring a picnic. Our stamped hands allow us to go to the car and and bring the cooler to one of the nice, cool shady picnic spots to eat.

1  Thank Anne K
in 8 reviews
"indian caves"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Best child activity in the area, specially in a very hot day. Bracelets best option if plan to visit for more than 4 hours. Food is ok, but over price.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I have been coming to Enchanted Forest since I was a little girl and have brought my kids several times over about 15 years time (Salem doesn't have a lot to do). But this poor place is so aged in many areas (I have a distinct memory of many parts of this park that haven't changed in the 38 years I have been coming here). But there is really only one fun thing for my older kids to do--the very fun log ride. And it is fun. But how many times can you ride one ride? We spent over $100 in admission and ride bracelets and the kids were pretty bored in just a couple of hours. Just not enough to charge the high prices!!! And why is admission so high for adults??? Give the bored adults a price break! The admission for the kids and those hated but necessary ride bracelets are expensive enough. The one plus I will give it: they allow picnics, which is appreciated. And the place is pretty, built into a hillside.

3  Thank CObeachgirl24
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This place was better than expected. It was very clean, was almost entirely shaded by beautiful trees, and not crowded (we went on a Wednesday from 12-5:30). I had read previous reviews and choose to buy tickets instead of wrist bands, which worked out good for my 2 kids and me. Almost all the rides were perfect for my 5 and 7 year old kids. We also enjoyed the theater show, water show, slides, and all the neat little houses that are all included in the admission price. I was impressed by how much detail there was to fun decorations throughout the park. It seemes very well maintained and had friendly staff. Probably spent around $125. Which included addmission, 55 tickest, lunch, ice cream, pictures of the log ride, and and 2 gift shop toys. Super affordable and my kids had a blast.

1  Thank tmwitt
See more reviews
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

This place was sure created by an artistic mind. Enchanted Forest brought all the nursery rhythms to life for all children. One of my faves from when I was a little girl was crawling through the rabbit hole from Alice in Wonderland. Now I am taking my own kids to enjoy. The only down fall is how expensive it is. Admission is a bit crazy. And there is a lot of up keeping that needs to be done. I would love to take my kids a bit more if it was more affordable. Oh and FYI Don't forget to wear good shoes and not flip flops. Some spots are a little hike up.