“Still a really good sandwich”
Review of Sandwich Express

Sandwich Express
Ranked #324 of 543 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

Consistently good sandwiches, great bread and great fries! Better than any chain place. Big, filling meals.

1  Thank sp4301

Reviewed 2 May 2013

I've been here twice- the first time I thought it was mediocre but the second time I swore I would never go back. The fries were pretty good but my sandwich was just terrible. I got the veggie both times (their only vegetarian option) and it was lackluster, to say the least. It came with avocado and cream cheese, watery tomatos, shredded iceberg lettuce and cucumber. That is all. My partner ordered a chicken sandwich he said was ok, which ironically came with green pepper and onion (not options on the veggie). I ordered half of my OVERPRICED sandwich to go, and they ended up giving me someone else's turkey sandwich. The only difference between this place and Subway is that they offer fries, which are good-- but the ingredients at Subway are fresher and more plentiful. The staff are young and friendly enough but rather lacking in efficiency.

1  Thank LeaEH
Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

Am no sandwich diva...but, was shocked at how good this experience was! The bread was soooo fresh and all the ingredients combined so well, that I gasped to realize fast food could hold any new surprise. Will add this place as a new favorite and recommend as a great alternatlve!

1  Thank Kevin T
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Bread is amazing! We love everything here. A little spendy compared to su....ay but worth it! Only issue is they charge for Ranch.....come on SERIOUSLY!

Reviewed 15 November 2012 via mobile

In town on business looking for alternative to subway. Just average. Average lunch meat and average bread. Average soup served in a throw away bowl, how low class. And only had cream based soups, no broth based? Maybe should be less than average.