“Gravy had absolutely no flavor and it was cold. Big portions of gross food.”
Review of Cafe 22 West

Cafe 22 West
Ranked #54 of 568 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I've been here several times. The food is usually better. I'm tired of being served reheated food. Today the food was cold, bland, and heavy. Service wasn't great either. I had buyers remorse and I don't think I'll be back.

Next time I will rather wait in a long line for Word of Mouth Bistro. They seemed to be the only wants in Salem that care about the quality of food and service.

3  Thank Mefirsty

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We stopped in to eat breakfast. We got the biscuit and gravy it was the worst I have ever tasted couldn't even get past 2 bites and its not sausage gravy its hamberger gravy.will never go back just not good food! !!!!! We learned a $20.00 lesson.

1  Thank sqawbabe
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We have been eating here for a few years now. Normally lunch is a great time to go. When the weather is nice, you can eat outside while seated under the umbrellas. Service is always good and food is great for a little cafe. They make their own soup daily and is alway good and hot. If you like hot dogs, they have a true foot long wiener that is made just for them. After your meal, you can walk over to the fruit stand (when open) and get fresh fruit or vegetables. They have great shakes. I recommend the fresh black berry. This is not a Fine Dining place. It's a great little cafe that serves good food and at a good price. Give them a try.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

We often stop at Café 22 on our way home from our beach condo, as it is usually lunch h time by the time we get near this place. We started going there about two years ago. They have a staff that is knowledgeable about gluten and offer a great bun less hamburger that is always very good. I would love to enjoy their French fries with my burger, but they cook breaded food in their deep fryer, so those are off limits for me. However, their salads are always fresh and tasty and their thousand island dressing is gluten free. My wife has various lunches and has always been very satisfied with her meals. Their coffee is always hot and delicious. They are connected to a fruit and vegetable market and have flowers and plants for sale in season. There is ample parking and this place is just a fun and good place to stop. In the summer, they have outside seating on a patio that is very nice. Their staff is attentive and friendly.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

We were on our way from the coast to Salem and happened by Cafe 22 on our way. What a
nice surprise. Located in a rustic-looking building with old gas pumps and signage for decor,
Cafe 22 was much more than we would have expected. --Outdoor patio dining, a nice menu
with a lot of choices, very friendly servers, large portions, good prices, clean restrooms. If we
pass that way again, we'll certainly stop again.