“Fave place for good food fast”
Review of San Diego Taco Company - CLOSED

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Vancouver, Washington
“Fave place for good food fast”
Reviewed 28 December 2011

All my friends and I love the SD taco! The staff are always friendly and our food is always delicious.

Salem, Oregon
“Overpriced and something is missing in flavor and quality”
Reviewed 28 October 2011

I think the concept is great, from what I read months or years ago it was very very good. I can't say that today. I ordered a Chicken Fajita Burrito (one of my favorites at other locations) but was pretty disappointed. $6.95. They do have some small containers of salsa and I asked the lady which were the milder but they were almost too mild. There was no lettuce, no tomatoes, no sour cream, no guacamole in my burrito. Chicken, grilled onions and large pieces of green pepper. It just is missing something. The burrito shell was great but not the insides. It was blah, maybe even some celantro would have helped. Very juicy (not because of my salsa) but at the end of the shell bottom was about 2" of liquid. I probably won't go back unless I try a fish taco.

• Visited October 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Confusing, rude workers and leaves you in the bathroom for hours”
Reviewed 9 August 2011

My hubby and I tried this a couple months ago and the cashier was nice and helped us pick out our food. The menu is named after weird things and there is no description of anything on the menu. We ate our huge 2 handed burrito that coated 7.99 and it was great!
Hubby and I went back second and
Third time and the cashier was a younger girl who literally rolled her eyes at us and kept saying ummm I don't know . Tables were dirty, floors messy and she was sitting behind the register hidden under the table eating nachos.
On last two attempts we seemed to have a lot of restroom issues. I just chalked this up to a bad batch, but
After reading the previos reviews I realize it was not just us :( until they get rid of there snobby obviously related cashiers and fix the food, we won't be coming back.

1 Thank RobynDornon
Oregon
“Taco Was Good, Rest Was Bad & Husband Got Sick!”
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I had a coupon for this place so hubby and I decided to use it today and give them a try.

I walked into an OK place, not the greatest but not the worst. The tables were all clean and wiped down but some chairs and the floors were dirty, the front counter was very dusty, the soda fountain area was in need of some cleaning and organizing, some of the metal silverware had dried up food on it, and the trash bins were starting to overflow. Considering they scored an 85 in their January restaurant inspection score with only one major violation and 5 minor violations and with it it being 7 PM I figured they must have just had a dinner rush and did not have time to clean things up.

I waited in line for about 10 minutes as the girl took that long to serve the ONE customer in front of me. As I waited in line I could see the back of the cooking/kitchen area. I observed the cooks without any hair nets or any food handlers gloves cutting up meats and avocados with their bare hands, then going off and making peoples food. I finally stepped up to the counter to order and presented my coupon. The girl was just kinda like "yea whatever" and said I needed to order first before I could present it. I noticed that her hands and underneath her nails were a bit dirty.

The menu was a bit confusing so I just opted for the crispy beef taco and added the "make it a meal' deal for an extra $3. The taco was very good, I will add. The shell was not preformed. The rice and beans, however were not that hot. Literally and figuratively. My rice was not fully cooked, the veggies were petrified, and the beans tasted like the canned stuff. Plus they were only warm, not piping hot.

I was originally going to give 3 stars but as I write this my husband is suffering from a case of mild food poisoning from his meal. If he gets any worse, Salem Hospital will be the next place I write a review from/about.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Noodles913
Salem, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It's not what it used to be!”
Reviewed 1 March 2011

When San Diego Taco Company first came to town I was a fanatic! I told TONS of friends about it and bragged to everyone who had yet to try it. Unfortunately, something has changed. It seems like over the past 4 -5 months, the food has been less then satisfactory. The servings have been lacking the "fresh" taste that they once overflowed with. The meat is now full of gristle and grease and you are lucky to find more then 4 shrimp in a burrito now.

I used to be a regular there, going about 2-3 times a week. Since the quality of the meats and veggies have gone down, I can no longer stomach it. To all friends who have gone there as of late tell me the same thing. Now days if you eat there, plan on spending most of your day on the toilet.... And this is coming from a guy that has an iron stomach!!!
Reminds me of how Muchos Gracias started out (amazing) Now a huge franchise that tastes just OK, if not bad, 80% of the time. Like with most "newer franchises" they start out with the biggest servings and the best ingredients. Once they have you hooked, It's all goes south.

I honestly was in love with this place and just wish they could go back to how they used to be... Before they started cutting costs and corners to make a small buck. And for the record, It has been 6 times in a row for me that I have got sick eating there. And 5 different friends have all had the same symptoms numerous times in a row over the past 4 - 5 months. I would always tell myself, " It was just a different cook today" or, " I just got a bad batch this time " I have finally stopped lying to myself and have accepted that San Diego Taco Company will never be the same.
RIP :(