US$254
US$64
US$55
US$64
Hotwire.com
All reviewsbedroom suitefull kitchentoilet handlewaffleswaffle machinefront desk staffsofa bedbasketball tournamentgreat roomquiet locationhome away from homegreat customer serviceeasy accessfitness roomcomplimentary breakfastinnsproperty
Reviewed 31 October 2016

While I would prefer each room have an oven, it is great being able to cook and eat meals without bringing all our own equipment. The in room kitchen included dishes for four, serving bowls, pot/frying pan, silverware, paper towels, dish soap, etc. Having our own full size refrigerator and freezer is a big plus. My husband has significant food allergies and we usually bring a skillet to make due. A huge plus for us this weekend was only having to worry about bringing food.

We almost always stay in Marriott brand hotels and by comparison this one is a little older, but still clean and pleasant. Since we were only staying one night in order to watch the OSU Beavers vs WSU Cougars play, we didn't really use the pool or other amenities. The staff was beyond friendly and helpful. Nice members get free bottled water at check in. This saved us $6 since we didn't have to buy them at the field.

We'll for sure plan to stay here again. The two bedroom suite is especially nice when we're traveling with our children. It was nice to be alone this weekend in just the basic suite. We slept well except the alarm clock was apparently set by the previous guests (may be worth resetting those) and went off at 6:30a (brutal since we got back from the game at 1:30a). There was also a cleaning rag/washcloth left on the tub faucet and the bed was made in an odd way (sheet only on one side). Other than the minor housekeeping issues, we were happy with the room and hotel.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AdventureMama3
Julie M, General Manager at Residence Inn Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2016

Dear AdventureMama3,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We're glad to hear that our larger suites work great for you and your family and that you found the staff friendly and helpful. I am very sorry to hear about the housekeeping issues in your room. Those are not normal and I will work with housekeeping to ensure these things aren't overlooked in the future.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again if you are back in Salem.

Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

We travel just about every other weekend for soccer, and always stay in a Marriott brand hotel, being reward members comes in handy. Last month we stayed at a Residence Inn in Portland, and it was stunning & modern, this one in Salem didn't exactly live up to my expectations of a Marriott hotel...
Though clean and comfortable, this hotel is very dated and in desperate need of a face lift. When we walked into our room, there was an odor that, at first, I couldn't quite put my finger on. I knew that it was a food based odor, and again, at first, it wasn't very bothersome, it was just "there". After a long day of soccer, and then heading out to dinner, we got back to our hotel room and washed up for the day and started to relax. The smell seemed to get stronger or maybe just more annoying as time went on. I kept trying to put my finger on it, it was a familiar smell but I couldn't quite figure out what exactly it was, until my daughter said it smelled like Teaka masala! And that's when I realized it was curry! I can only assume the previous occupants maybe used the stove to cook something with curry in it. And it just became overpowering. We had to open the windows, and it was freezing outside so we turned on the heater, that started to smell like it was burning hair so we immediately turned that off.
The bed was comfortable, but small. The staff was wonderful and the breakfast was perfect. It's a lovely place, but like I said, needs to be shown some love, and maybe some deodorizer wouldn't hurt. We will be heading back up I a few weeks, and have no problem staying here again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

Dear Stephitheagent,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am glad to hear that our staff provided you with great service and that the breakfast was to your liking. I am very sorry to hear that your room didn't smell fresh and clean. I am sure that was quite frustrating for you and your family. That is not the norm here and we will work with the Housekeeping department to ensure these things do not occur in the future. I will pass along your comments regarding our condition to our owners in an attempt to speed along the renovation process.
Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Salem.

Reviewed 24 October 2016

We brought a group of junior high school boys to run in a cross country race. The 2 bedroom room worked great to keep everyone together. There was basketball and swimming to keep the kids entertained during the down time. Everyone seem very nice and eager to help when needed.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joseph B
Julie M, General Manager at Residence Inn Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2016

Dear Joseph B,

Thank you so much for providing us with your feedback on your recent stay with us at the Residence Inn Salem. I am so glad to hear that our hotel met the needs for you and your group. We hope that you will come and see us again if your travel needs bring you back to Salem.

Reviewed 20 October 2016

Location is excellent. Easy to get anywhere in Salem from this location. House keeping every day if you want it. Very good breakfasts and 3 nights a week they have a managers reception in the evening with food and beer & wine complimentary. Stayed 12 days and all the staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was spacious and worked well with my wheel chair. It was very quite and comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Tom F
Julie M, General Manager at Residence Inn Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2016

Dear Tom F,
We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your recent stay at the Residence Inn Salem. I am so happy to hear that you had a great stay and that you enjoyed all of our amenities. We hope that you'll come and see us again if your travel needs bring you back to Salem.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

I've stayed at many Residence Inns dating back to 1989 when I first ventured from Canada to the United States. The chain has been a preferred destination for me for business travel and relocation. I recently visited the Salem, OR one for the first time and it upheld the long standing tradition of convenience, quality and service that I've come to expect from this brand.

The only (and I mean *only*) thing that fell short for me at this location was the lack of a business center. I had a restless night's sleep, woke early with a headache, and, in an effort not to wake my wife, headed for the business center with my laptop. Unfortunately, this RI doesn't have one so I ended up sitting at a table in the eating area. That was comfortable enough but the noise levels were not conducive to me getting any work done nor relieving my headache.

Everything else was great, however!

Room Tip: Top floor away from elevator is quietest.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ReidSpencer
Julie M, General Manager at Residence Inn Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2016

Dear ReidSpencer,
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your recent stay at the Residence Inn Salem. We are glad to hear that your stay was an enjoyable one. I can certainly understand how a private business center would benefit our guests. I will make that suggestion when it comes time for the hotel to be renovated next. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Salem. Thank you again!