“Gross”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Gross”
Reviewed 6 June 2013 via mobile

What an exciting concept. This place could be fabulous but it is so run down its gross.
from the moment you walk in the door it smells like stale urine. The restrooms were disgusting. The theater and tables were....sticky and smelled like....urine. The waitress went to hand me the menu and literally had to peel it off the table. I ordered popcorn ($7) and it came in a big beat up metal bowl.
I was distracted from the movie by the horrible smell.
At least the employees were nice.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank pamela c

Dallas, Oregon
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“This is a business...not an employee hangout!”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I really love the idea of going to a movie, having lunch or dinner and perhaps even indulging in an adult beverage. And when Cinebarre opened in Salem, I was all over that. Every time I have been here, most things are just fine. However, the last time I went, I had to wait about 5 minutes for the bartender to come back to the bar after finishing up his conversation with two other employees. And yes, I know 5 minutes isn't a long time, but again...this is a place of business! The movie I saw only had two other people in it, and since it was a matinee flick, on a Monday, there wasn't a lot of people in house anyway. There should not have been any reason for my order to take more than an hour to get to me and I am quite sure that quiet voices should be used by employees when they are walking in the theater as to not disturb the movie watchers. I am uncertain if I will be back to this establishment in the future as there is a competitor down the road and another competitor about 45 minutes away in Portland.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank CS_Police
Salem, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Novel concept”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The concept alone (tho not the first in Salem), is a fantastic idea. I am not an alcoholic, but when I watch a movie, I prefer to be at home. With the comforts of home. This often might mean, a cocktail or two. Now, having a nice place to watch movies, order food, and drinks, is something that puts my butt back in the seat.
After paying for the movie, I feel like some of the food items are over priced. But the wine prices seem to be spot on, or at the least, close. The wine selection is impressive. Not big by any means. But they do carry a nice variety of each type. That is something I can appreciate.
Considering how many people the runners/serves have to handle. I feel like they do a pretty good job. It is more complex than your standard sit down. I have yet to have a negative experience.

Visited October 2012
Salem, Oregon, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Spendy”
Reviewed 17 May 2013

It has never been crowded during the day. It will sell out for the real popular matinee. The price is good, but they get you with the food costs. Most theaters do charge a lot in that area, but they have competition in town, and they have better food prices. Really $3 for a cup of tea? It is a nice lay out and they do keep it up very nice, just skip the tea or bottled water.

Visited January 2013
Keizer, Oregon
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great place for adults.”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

It was my first time and I have not been back yet. I was impressed with the room for seating. I feel it could have been a little more clean and service was so slow. I mean it took 30 minutes to get two appetizer type things that obviously came out of the freezer. The food prices were not bad though so I did not mind. I will go again.

Visited April 2013