“Excellent Seafood”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This is one of our favorite restaurants in Salem. They really know how to cook fish properly, and always have a list of which fish are fresh and where they were caught. My favorite dinner is the herb crusted salmon salad, which features salad greens, artichoke hearts, pasta, tomatoes and cheese topped with three large pieces of salmon. My husband likes the trout dinner. The restaurant was full on Friday night. Customers can cal about an hourl ahead for a table and get priority service for seating.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Walked in and it smelled like bad fish. I am an avid fisherwoman and cook fish all the time. The odor of spoiled fish that greeted me upon entering this restaurant kept me from eating fish here.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Used to be a great restaurant with great food and great service. The service and the food have both become mediocre in the past couple years. Not the worst, it has dropped from one our family first choices to a place where we go as a last resort when there are long lines everywhere else and we are on a timeline for an event and would like something a bit better than fast food.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I haven't been there for a year, had mediocre service then and again this time. That's it for me. Server was rude and like we were a bother. I had the mgr get us a new waiter, so at least he did something about it, but I remember years ago I used to come here with my dad and we never had issues. Looking around, I also remember the restaurant being a lot busier...if they don't get friendlier, they will continue to lose business. Too bad, this restaurant's been here for awhile. I probably won't be back.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

The first time I went to McGraths, the food was good, but for a time it did not seem to have the same freshness and I wasn't very happy with it, I hadn't been back in a couple of years but had to attend a luncheon there recently and was pleasantly surprised. They have turned around and the food was as I remembered it the first time I went. I even bought some bread to take home! I am happy to say I can recommend it again!