“Usually very good, this time not so much”
Review of Sassy Onion

Sassy Onion
Ranked #18 of 549 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Breakfast and lunch restaurant. Mainly famous for breakfast. Also a catering service, but they have a public, very popular restaurant.
Reviewed 9 December 2013

My boyfriend and I did take out I had the biscuits and gravy meal. There wasnt much gravy and for sausage gravy there were no pieces of sausage. I subbed the eggs for hashbrowns which were dry, but the bacon was good aa always. My boyfriend had the pancakes which he liked very much but his sausage patty tasted like italian sausage something that shouls be in spaghett. Generally the foos is pretty good. Maybe thia was an off day.

Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

The Sassy Onion has very inventive breakfast options. The French toast selections are decadent with portions that may require a doggy bag. Can be very busy on the weekends when there is an event at Willamette University.

1  Thank Divamarketer
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We eat here regularly when visiting our daughter at Willamette U. We have always had friendly, prompt service and above average to excellent meals.

1  Thank Hortense
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

We tried to get in to Word of Mouth, which had an hour wait. Went to the Sassy Onion instead. We were not disappointed. Food was good and inexpensive. Breakfast selections were interesting but we were more in the mood for lunch. Garden burger was excellent and the onion beef burger was very good.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

I first encountered the Sassy Onion at the "Bite of Oregon" festival and was really impressed by their gluten-free chicken strips and fish and chips. I went to the Salem location and found out that all of their fried foods, including onion rings, are gluten free! They even have gluten free french toast and sandwich options and have precautions to avoid cross contamination for celiacs. My sandwich was delicious, service exceptional, and the atmosphere was very nice! I would definitely recommend it!