“Stay somewhere else.”

Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Salem
Klamath Falls, Oregon
“Stay somewhere else.”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I am not a morning person, but here I am at the computer at 6:00 am, clean, makeup on, hair done, waiting for my husband who could sleep through anything to wake up.

I should have known this was going to be one of *those* experiences when there was 4 police cruisers in the parking lot when we pulled up.

We decided to stay anyway, the front desk person assured us that this was not a frequent occurrence.

This Motel 6 is pretty basic, not even a hair dryer, microwave or fridge. The bathroom has a very small shelf that would hold a couple things, to get ready this morning, I had to use the luggage holder. It is close to I-5, so there is a hum of traffic at all times.

The people staying next door had their room door open conservatively 100 times last night. I have no idea why they had to open and bang the door shut that many times, and I am fairly certain I do not want to know. When I gave up trying to sleep and went out to the vehicle, there were several young people milling around the parking lot. One scampered over to ask for a cigarette. At 5:00-ish am. These were not people gathering to go to a job site.

I understand that there must be a delicate balance between filling rooms and putting people in who earn you reviews like this one. But this property is not one I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Darlene H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Zillah, Washington
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Arrived today 3-28-14, checked into our room & there was a broken open used condom on the deadbolt, it was digusting...I called and told front desk and they changed our room, but it doesnt change the fact that the room was signed off as cleaned and that condom was on the door. I have a 20month old baby and can't imagine where else that condom was I'm that room, I'm just so disgusted, this feeling won't go away, I want to vomit. I paid for 2 days and was not offered an apology, refund or even a discount, this is the last time we will stay here!!

• Stayed March 2014

Travellers are raving about these Salem hotels

Spokane Valley, Washington
Reviewed 15 January 2014

This hotel is pet friendly and does not charge for critters. It is clean but rate is per person and internet is $3.00 extra. If you want internet be sure to ask to add it to your bill when you register. The staff especially Chris was very nice and helpful. The neighborhood is a bit sketchy but I walked the dog around a big block and did not feel unsafe but then I seldom do. Good hotel if you are traveling with a pet on a budget and aren't expecting any frills.

Room Tip: A room in the rear avoids traffic noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CarolBAllen
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

My family and I needed a place to stay for the weekend till we could get in our new apartment so book this hotel

Clean and Comfortable Hotel
Great Staff
Nice Location ( Close to my work)
The only bad thing is No Breakfast :(

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Redmond, Oregon
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I would rather sleep in my car on the side of the freeway than stop and stay in this dive! Where do I start... The shower had someone elses body hair in it, probably because the shower would not drain and it backed up everytime we got in it. The sink counter top had dried soap, etc... stuck on it and had obviously not been wiped down and cleaned. The worst was after peeling back the bed and checking it out to make sure it was safe, (I thought it was) my youngest son in the morning showed me his pillow that had dried blood all over it and that was the last straw. (Lesson learned, look at the underside of your pillow as well) So after finding the blood we were in a hurry to leave so I left the maid a note asking her to please give us a new pillow and pillow case because it was disgusting just to come back and find the same PILLOW in our bed!!! Really, their excuse was the maid probably couldn't read english. Well guess what, unless she is blind (assuming she's not if she's cleaning motel rooms) she should have been able to see it and change it without even being asked considering it was left on a chair face up with a note on top of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The nice staff gave me a whole whopping $30 off my bill as if that was going to make it better. We had to stay 3 nights because there was nothing else available and that is what they offered.... REALLY. Worst motel experience of my life!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank crazycatlover1
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

Its a drug invested motel, looks nice till you get in room. Our neighbors consisted of the KKK, guy and his girl stood outside our door proudly displaying his swastika tattoos. Rooms are old and smelly, drain would work in sink or shower tvs are small and old beds were dirty. I would pass on this one!

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Christine b
visalia
Reviewed 31 October 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at motel 6 in Salem Oregon. I stayed there last week with a friend of mine. From the minute i walked into the lobby i was greeted by a young lady in her late 30's early fortys. She was pleasant and effeciant. She explained during our conversation she does not normally work the afternoon shift. She gave me the run down on check out and what the motel had to offer. When i requested a quiet room she suggested an upstairs. I really enjoyed her thoroughness. She really should work afternoons more often because she is wonderful.
As i entered my room it smelled fresh and clean. The beds were firm and comfortable. Even though the t.v's were older they seem to be in good working order. I was actually suprised by the cleanliness. Cant judge a building by the exterior thats for sure. Outside looked a little run down but the inside made up for the outdoor looks. Very clean!
I do hope the next time i travel to Salem i am greeted by the same customer service lady. She was so helpful and full of information to offer. Including the restaurant around the corner that was so great.

Room Tip: Upstairs room behind the office are wonderful
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends