“Great sushi - always!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Oregon
“Great sushi - always!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

A great place to take your family for sushi and fairly reasonably prices as well. Staff is friendly and it's located directly across from the Elsinore which is perfect if you are seeing a show. Try it!!!!

Visited August 2014

Salem, Oregon
“Sadly, I must break ranks with the popular opinion here.......”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

If your menu says Crab, you'd damned well better serve me Crab!

I picked two items from their much touted Sushi menu; a Golden California Roll ($6), which was just OK, and a Crab Stick Nigiri order which was two bite sized pieces ($4) which not only were not fresh but not Crab. It was the imitation stuff we all know and despise which is, in truth, Pollock! This ersatz Crab is almost always previously frozen and always processed.

This is the second time I've had this deception perpetrated on me recently. The other place that pulled this switch was at Kim Huong on Silverton RD.

This experience was a huge disappointment! I did not expect a bait and switch from a place who some believe has the best Sushi in town. To my mind, this is misrepresentation and false advertising, pure and simple. When I challenged the young woman behind the counter, she admitted that it was imitation Crab and told me they have real Crab, but “you have to ask for it”! Unbelievable!

I'm afraid I cannot recommend any place that's ownership/management thinks this kind of behavior is OK.

• Visited April 2013
Salem, Oregon
“Great Food”
Reviewed 13 February 2013

If you like teriaki bowls there is no better eatery in Salem than Fuji Rice Time. Their service is fast and the quality of food is outstanding. Customers have a choice of sitting at booths, tables or bar counter. I believe they have an active sushi counter as well. Another extra I personally like are the condiments such as sweet chili sauce plus a hotter chili sauce. At the beverage counter they offer fresh lemon slices for your drinks. Prices are very fair too. Parking at lunchtime can be tough at times due to the downtown business traffic. Come in and try their food. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Robert B
Keizer, Oregon
“Very good, fresh sushi.”
Reviewed 16 October 2012

The sushi here is excellent. The teriyaki bowls are good. The yakisoba is my favorite in Salem. If you go at lunch, there might be a long line. You order when you walk in then sit down and wait for delivery. They work through the line pretty fast.

Visited November 2011
Los Angeles, California
“Just ok”
Reviewed 30 August 2012 via mobile

I have been here a couple of times and it works but there is nothing that really draws me back. The food is not bad but there is nothing identifiably unique about this dinning experience.