“Worth it!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Vancouver, Canada
“Worth it!”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Fantastic hotel with great service! The front reception has an extensive list of restaurants in the area, and reference cards with directions to/from the restaurant - what a fantastic idea for out-of-town guests.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Lindsey S, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salem, responded to this review, 12 November 2016
We truly appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us! It encourages us to continue amazing service and to see where we can improve to make your visits amazing! Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn and Suites! :)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Sandy, Utah USA
Reviewed 16 October 2013

On September 30, my car hydroplaned on the freeway and I hit the concrete barrier head on. I was bruised due to the seatbelt and airbag, but otherwise o.k. I asked the tow truck driver to please take me to a motel that she knew would be really clean. She took me to the Hampton in in Salem, OR.

When I arrived, I was still dazed and confused and my car was on a tow truck by the front door. The staff rushed out to clean all of my personal items out of the car for me and the manager gave me a discounted room so that I could have hot baths to ease the muscles that were starting to tighten up. They did not let me lift anything and placed me in a super clean room with a wonderful tub. Being able to take a hot bath really helped ease the pain. The staff checked on me regularly and rushed to get me anything I needed right away. I had a restful night in a very comfortable bed and a great breakfast in the morning. My son came to get me the next day.

To the staff: Thank you so much for your wonderful care and concern. I know that my healing was definitely enhanced because you made me feel that I was in safe and caring hands. I owe you a huge debt of gratitude. By the way, yours is the only motel I have ever been in where the duvet on the bed is washed between every guest. I guess that I really was taken to the cleanest motel in Salem. Thank you again. Warmly, Joni C.

Room Tip: My room was in the front and I did not hear any noise during the night. The temperature was easy to...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
DuPont, Washington, United States
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Helpful and friendly staff. Excellent discount for university faculty. Super clean room. Early housekeeping. Loved the fitness center - fans and TVs on the treadmills. Nice selection of quick meals in the gift shop. Beautiful path with numerous water features just across the parking lot.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Seattle, WA
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel. It has wonderful facilities, and the staff was the best. We drove down from Washington for a basketball tournament, and they kept the pool open late so the kids could swim and work off energy built up after the long drive. They were very welcoming. It was probably the best stay I have ever had a hotel, especially with kids.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Lenoir City, Tennessee
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

We would rate this good. Not enough towels in the room, one each, we discussed this with management. Kids running up the halls at night. Called and complained to front desk. Bed good, pillows good. Not the best we ever had but good overall. Kind of hard to find if your coming in at night. Breakfast bar ok. Would stay here again if passing this way.

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Dottie47
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We travelled from the Seattle area for an OSU football game. We normally stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Corvallis, Oregon, across from the football stadium. However, on game weekends, the Hilton's minimum stay is two nights at a rate of around $260/night. Our friends mentioned they stay at the Hampton Inn in Salem where the rate is around $135/night . We stayed for two nights so our bill was less than half the bill would have been at the Hilton. The Hampton in Salem is new, clean, safe/secure, has a pleasant/positive staff staff and is a great value. We highly recommend staying there!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This hotel is only one year old and it is evident. Nice lobby with coffee/tea station all day and warm cookies on arrival with attentive front desk staff. Rooms are very nice and clean. Spent one night and left early next morning so wasn't able to try breakfast.

On the downside, our room was at the far end of the floor closest to the I-5 freeway and was so noisy all night. It would have been much better to be near to the street one enters from on Hawthorne Avenue. Because of the sleepless night...they get an average rating.

Room Tip: Rooms closest to I-5 freeway will not be quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business