“Best and First Class Hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Salem
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Salem
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I've traveled many times in my life, all over the world and my stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Salem, Oregon was by far the most enjoyable, relaxing and comfortable! The staff are genuinely friendly and helpful beyond what I needed. The room was so clean that it took me a while to adjust since I live on a small ranch with a horse, 120 lb German Shepherd and two messy cats. This was such a treat for me! AND, had it not been for hotel Asst Manager Chris, I would not have been able to make this trip to see my elderly mother and my brother whom I'd not seen for 8 years. I have a back injury too and the Salt Water pool was wonderful, therapeutic and so amazingly clean. A perfect three days...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Lindsey S, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2016

We truly appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us! It encourages us to continue amazing service and to see where we can improve to make your visits amazing! Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn and Suites! :)

Reviewed 12 November 2013

From the moment I arrived, the hotel rep was very friendly and had my room keys ready for me (I was a little late in arriving). Gave me all necessary information I needed to have a good experience with my stay, including the free dinner, which worked out well, as I was exhausted by the time I got to the hotel and did not feel like going to a restaurant. Didn't want to drive around in an area I was unfamiliar with. Definitely would stay at this hotel again. Loved the free dinner!

1  Thank Kelly G

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Nice hotel, very nice staff, fairly decent breakfast, as good as or better than you can get in the streets. Attentive staff, made me feel welcome. New to the area, helped me find restaurants for dinner and yea, they served dinner on Tuesday's - catered to boot. Definitely stay there again. I hope they keep up the place.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Loved this hotel. It's been a long time since I've stayed at such a clean, nicely run hotel. Room was super comfortable, clean. Great catered meal from local restaurant. Loved the 24/7 fitness room. Great pool and spa area. Great breakfast. Can't say enough about this hotel. Will definitely stay at Hampton Inn Suites again.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

My mom and I stayed here in September while exploring different cities through-out Oregon and were very happy with our stay. We had originally planned on going downtown to eat dinner, but while checking in we noticed they were having free taco night and decided to stay. We had already gone to our room and were a little put off by a sour smell in our bathroom, but not wanting to make a big deal we just went down to eat. I had to go to the reservation desk for something and when the ladies asked if we were happy with our room, I decided to say something about the smell. They did not hesitate to go and check out the room and agreed that the room was not up to their standards, apologized profusely, immediately moved us to another room and brought a handicap bench for my mom's use in the shower. Taco night was a hit, even though they did run out of food for awhile they did get more, which my mom thoroughly enjoyed. When we did go back to our room, we were very happy with the entire room, very clean and we slept like a couple of babies in those comfortable beds.The next morning I asked for directions to our next destination and was furnished with a map and personal directions from one of the employees who lived there and knew exactly how to get there. The continental breakfast was very nice, everything you need to get going in the morning. I have to say everyone was so nice, helpful, courteous and just plain friendly. I do have to give a shout out to Katie, Jenna (I think that's her name) and Bryan who were exceptionally great when it came to customer service. Would I stay here again? You bet! Would I recommend it to anyone going to Salem? Absolutely!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 November 2013

No real surprises. Every thing was clean, worked well and was comfortable. The location is great. Near shopping and restaurants but not a busy road/highway. My only wish was that the room had a firmer pillow, but that was not a big issue. I'd stay here again when traveling to Salem for business or pleasure.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Every staff member we encountered during our stay was genuinely friendly and engaged in conversation. As we walked to our room, even 2 different maids stopped and smiled and said Hi and asked how we were doing. It was like being with a second family. The salt water pool is the best around and every machine worked in the fitness center, that was a nice treat! The breakfast had almost every choice you could want, it was all around the best place I have stayed!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family