“5 STAR SERVICE!!!!!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Salem
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Salem
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I wish I copied the love letter I just wrote to this Hampton! Long story short, the BEST HAMPTON I HAVE EVER STAYED IN! WONDERFUL service!! Wouldn't consider staying anywhere else! I would really like to just move in!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Terra N, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciated seeing your long letter as well, I'm very happy you enjoyed your stay so much! Hopefully we will see you back here soon!!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Salem

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Salem on 2/7/14. This was at the height of the snow/ice storm. Even though the weather was terrible, they had friendly and welcoming staff when we checked in. They offered suggestions for dinner that was close (and had a bar) after a three hour trip from PDX which is normally an hour.

We had to check out 24 hours early due to the worsening weather in order to make our flight back home on Sunday. They were understanding and gracious.

The hotel is very new and the rooms and lobby area are first rate. We will stay there again when our family needs take us to the area.

Room Tip: Any of their rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Terra N, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

I appreciate your review of our hotel. I am very happy we could help you in that rough weather. It was a very stressful weekend for all our guests and we wanted to make everybody comfortable as possible, so I am very relieved to hear that we could reach your expectations. I hope you had a pleasant trip home, and that we see you again!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

This location was a God-send as I was stuck in the winter storm. I was able to cancel my reservations without problem in Portland, OR, and set up this reservation without difficulty. When I arrived, I was welcomed by the staff and pleasantly surprised that, due to the adverse weather conditions, they had provided a complimentary meal of salad, chicken stroganoff, pasta and garlic bread. When I was removing the chains from my car, one of the housekeeping employees was heading inside and stopped to help me. Chivalry is not yet dead! My room was clean and quiet, the "normal" Hampton amenities like shampoo, mouthwash, etc. Internet connection was good. I worked out the next morning and the gym was nice, considering its a hotel fitness center. A few ellipticals, treadmills, and a bike as well as a nice weight rack and barbells. Breakfast was delicious, a variety of breakfast foods available like bagels, waffles, cereals, ham and cheese eggs, french toast, oatmeal, fresh fruit, yogurt... No hidden fees when checking out, and no issues. My great experience here has clinched my decision to choose Hampton Inns whenever I travel. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

First thank you for your generous review, here at the Hampton we always want our guests to feel like we are their home away from home. We do our evening reception three nights a week and we didn't want to miss out on a chance to make everybody as comfortable as possible during the storm. It's great to know that our housekeeper was able to help you out with your chains, and you were welcomed by a nice clean room. I am very happy to hear you took advantage of our facility and enjoyed them. Thank you for being our guest!!

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I spend well over 100 nights a year in hotels and have vast experience with this chain. This was my first night at this location and I would say, one of my best experiences yet. The front desk staff was professional, friendly and helpful. The hotel was very clean and comfortable and we were even able to stay in on a snowy night and have the complimentary dinner. I want to add a personal thank you to General Manager, Chris Merritt, who went above and beyond to make each guest in the dining room feel welcome. I have never seen a manager like him in a hotel. A+!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Lindsey S, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2016

We truly appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us! It encourages us to continue amazing service and to see where we can improve to make your visits amazing! Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn and Suites! :)

Reviewed 29 January 2014

This hotel was clean and comfortable and the staff was outstandingly helpful. Our daughter was doing a music audition the next day and wanted to practice, so the desk staff found a unused conference room for her to do so.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Would definitely recommend this hotel! Very courteous staff. The hotel was extremely clean and smelled fresh. The room was impeccably clean and the beds were very comfy. The hot breakfast had a nice choice of hot and cold items. We will be back!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We attended a volleyball tournament and the staff was great to work with, made the whole process easy. Room was clean and neat. very much enjoyed our stay and will be back for the next volleyball tournament. The team loved the baked cookies and the lobby served as a great team meeting place.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family