“Great place to stay with wonderful staff and management”

Hampton Inn & Suites Salem
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Salem
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Jose, California
“Great place to stay with wonderful staff and management”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice so far and this will be my home away from home as long as I travel to Oregon for work. Working in hospitality industry, I know how hard it is to find the right staff to deliver excellent service and this hotel got it together. I loved staying there and appreciate what they did to make my stay easier from providing a great service and clean environment to providing a free meeting room and accommodations just because they appreciated me as a customer.
GREAT job and keep it up. That is how you make loyal customers for your hotel and the brand.

Room Tip: I usually stay away from the elevators.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Lindsey S, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salem, responded to this review, 14 November 2016
We truly appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us! It encourages us to continue amazing service and to see where we can improve to make your visits amazing! Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn and Suites! :)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 23 February 2014

What can I say? Sheer perfection. Spotless! Noiseless! Soft, fluffy towels! White, white, spotless white bedding! Perfect shower; constant temperature. They may have difficulty digging me out of this room...........Oh, and great service! (Got knocked over by a big friendly pup; the staff was right there with bandaids and Alleve. Nicole even helped me up to my room and carried my bags! I want to adopt her!) Who knew!! Right in the middle of Armpit, Oregon. *sigh*

Green Features: Guests may choose whether or not staff should change towels/linens; wonderful! Who needs to pollute the environment by changing towels or sheets daily?
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Terra N, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salem, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Lee, thank you for you generous review. I am happy to know you enjoyed our Cloud 9 bed package, I will be sure to pass your kind words to our housekeeping team. Nicole was pleased to know that she was recognized by you, we always love to go above and beyond for our guests! Next time your in Salem stop by we would love to see you again!

Bend, United States
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Easy access, new facilities with clean, comfortable rooms, especially the beds. Staff are friendly and helpful. Nice fitness area. I appreciate the weekday dinner items, that are brought in from area restaurants . . . nothing fancy, but a nice unexpected service. I always check the Hampton room availability first when traveling into this area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you Curtis for taking the time to review our hotel! I'm glad you enjoyed our fitness center and dinner! Thank you for your loyalty to the Hampton Family! I hope you thoroughly enjoyed your stay!!

Bremerton, Washington
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We were on our way to California from Washington when we got stuck in the terrible snow storm that hit the Portland area that forced us to get off the highway in Salem. We called the Hampton inn and they were so nice and found us room to fit our family of 6. I cannot tell you how amazing, accommodating and going above and beyond the staff at this hotel was. They ordered pizza so that guests would not have to leave to find food in the storm. They were outside helping put chains on tires for guests, they were great with our kids. Honestly I have never met such an amazing staff at a hotel. The rooms were equally as nice and comfortable and clean! I highly recommend staying here to everyone, you cannot go wrong!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
I am glad that we could help you out in your travels. It was a harsh day for a lot of our guests and it was very important to us that everybody was as comfortable and warm as possible, and full! I hope your kids received a toy from our toy box in the morning! I hope you had safe travels home, and we get to see you next time you're in Salem! Thank you so much for your review!

Clacksmus
Reviewed 21 February 2014

My husband and I travel a lot. We are diamond members and always look for Hilton Garden Inns or a Hilton Hotel. If we cannot find a Hilton we look for Hampton. We were just in Clackamus, OR and stayed in the worst excuse for a Hampton Inn I have ever seen. Tonight we are in Salem,OR in the nicest Hampton Inn. Amazing!!! We walked in and they welcomed us as Diamond Members. We were upgraded to a suite. When we got into our room there was a welcome card in our room with our name on it. It is so nice to have such personal service when you travel so much. This is what we look for when we travel!!!!!

Room Tip: Excellent!!!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton Family and the Hampton Family! We always like to put our own Hamptonality in every guest that stays with us. Make it feel like it is your home away from home! We appreciate your review and hope to have you back to our property!

Newnan, United States
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I wish I copied the love letter I just wrote to this Hampton! Long story short, the BEST HAMPTON I HAVE EVER STAYED IN! WONDERFUL service!! Wouldn't consider staying anywhere else! I would really like to just move in!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciated seeing your long letter as well, I'm very happy you enjoyed your stay so much! Hopefully we will see you back here soon!!

Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Salem on 2/7/14. This was at the height of the snow/ice storm. Even though the weather was terrible, they had friendly and welcoming staff when we checked in. They offered suggestions for dinner that was close (and had a bar) after a three hour trip from PDX which is normally an hour.

We had to check out 24 hours early due to the worsening weather in order to make our flight back home on Sunday. They were understanding and gracious.

The hotel is very new and the rooms and lobby area are first rate. We will stay there again when our family needs take us to the area.

Room Tip: Any of their rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Terra N, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salem, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
I appreciate your review of our hotel. I am very happy we could help you in that rough weather. It was a very stressful weekend for all our guests and we wanted to make everybody comfortable as possible, so I am very relieved to hear that we could reach your expectations. I hope you had a pleasant trip home, and that we see you again!