“This hotel is a clean facility but guests at check in are...”
Review of Super 8 Salem

Super 8 Salem
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Salem

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I was on a road trip from Texas with my family and stayed at the Super 8. The customer service was exceptional along with the room and my overall stay. The breakfast was worth what I payed for. The staff there were very friendly. They had lots of parking space for my RV.

• Stayed December 2013
Corvallis
Reviewed 1 December 2013

i am so, extremely dissapointed. my head aches. your hotel has let me down again... i sent an email already... this is the 2nd... my brother was visiting from out of town... we had a choice of sleep in my van or get a room... i wish we had slept in the Van... the room was cold. we slept in sleeping bags. the property is sad. mattresses, furnishings were/ are 20 to 30 years old. to be blunt I am emberrased that i took anyone to this property. in fact , the previous nite we stayed in a very much nicer hotel for 10 dollars less. i am ashamed. please provide a refund. i am disputing the charge... thank you

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Travellers are raving about these Salem hotels

Winchester
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Phone didn't work. Was told "not plugged in". But found out the next morning that had to be turned on.
Hairdryer didn't worrk either.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

2 Thank Nancy G
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I recently moved to Salem for a new job and needed a place to stay for about a week while I looked for a house to rent. For where it is located (between a well-traveled road and I-5 freeway) this is a very nice Super 8 motel. It was quieter than I expected. My room was clean, and the free breakfast was adequate: waffle maker, coffee, juice, yogurt, fruit, bread, and cereal. The management and staff were all pleasant, helpful, and top-notch, and they made me feel very welcome and appreciated. I accidentally locked my key in my room once and they were only too happy to give me a new one. There is a heated indoor pool and jacuzzi that were both clean. This Super 8 is well worth the few extra dollars compared to some of the neighboring bargain motels on the same road. There are some fast food restaurants nearby in walking distance; and some larger restaurants, stores, and a supermarket within about 1 mile. I would be happy to stay at this Super 8 again if I needed a good motel in Salem. The price is right, and everything met or exceeded my expectations. It is not a fancy hotel by any means, but it is a very good value for the price.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side are probably quieter because the east side faces the highway.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Joe C
Travellers also viewed these Salem hotels
Days Inn Black Bear
Days Inn Black Bear
#14 of 23 in Salem
Shilo Inn Suites - Salem
La Quinta Inn & Suites
Howard Johnson Inn Salem
Best Western Plus Mill Creek Inn
The Grand Hotel in Salem

Been to Super 8 Salem? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Salem

Property: Super 8 Salem
Address: 1288 Hawthorne Ave NE, Salem, OR 97301-2800
Region: United States > Oregon > Salem
Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Salem
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Salem 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Super 8 Salem reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Motel Salem Hotel Salem