“FABULOUS WEDDING RECEPTION!”

Willamette Queen Sternwheeler
Ranked #4 of 8 Tours in Salem
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I can hardly believe how some have had such a bad experience and with bad food aboard the Willamette Queen. At 60 years old I've been to my share of events, and such. The wedding reception I attended October 12, 2013 was one of the best. The food was great, the staff was great, the facilities were great. It was an all-around fun, fabulous experience.
Barbara was at our beck and call as was any wait staff and Captain, We wanted for nothing. They were so accommodating to all our wants and needs and made this experience pleasurable and memorable. I would highly recommend it to anyone.
As a side note: this was my son's wedding reception so I did have an inside track, too, to all goings-on and not just a bystander enjoying the evening.

2  Thank Karen H

Reviewed 15 September 2013

The staff and owners of the Willamette Queen made all of my dream wedding wishes come true. Barbra who is the wedding planner, Was amazing. This day was truly the best day of my life. The food was amazing my guests were very well taken care of. The staff was friendly and helpful. I could not have asked for better service. I really do recommend this amazing place for any wedding or occasion. From the bottom of my heart I will truly be thankful every day of my life that I had my wedding there.

2  Thank AmandaLorton9132013
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We were visiting relatives in Salem and they took us on the Willamette Queen for their Sunday Brunch. I think the total people was nine including the four of us so not much of a crowd. It was sprinkling a little in the morning so some people canceled which was their loss. We all thought the food was excellent and certainly abundant. The waitress was very pleasant and accommodating. Captain Richard let us all take turns at the helm and gave us a certificate and he was really a nice guy. There were pastries and a cheese spread to start. Lunch included ham and bacon, a potato casserole, an egg dish, blintzes, a couple of quiches, chicken, cornbread, another wonderful dish that I had to have seconds of and cornbread. I think there was fruit also and I'm sure other things that I left out. If you couldn't find something you liked you must be very picky. It was a very enjoyable two hours on the river.

1  Thank FerndaleGirl
Reviewed 2 September 2013

After our beloved Nana's memorial service we wanted to have a great family time of sharing around a simple but delicious meal enjoying the lush beauty of the Willamette River. We were not disappointed.

Our dinner was apricot glazed salmon and petite filets, nicely grilled. Lovely green and fresh fruit salads, sauteed vegetables and a pasta bar (even accomodating gluten free / lactose free needs)
completed the buffet. A dessert bar including the marionberry cobbler and chocolate cake I requested plus several decadent additions completed the menu. Yum!

The staff were so pleasant and helpful and responded quickly to our needs. They kindly brought their wheelchair to the top of the ramp to safely escort a 97 year old guest aboard. Meeting with Barbara to plan the menu in advance and have all the little details just the way we wanted made things work smoothly.

Yep, the Willamette Queen is an older boat and I can imagine she's a challenge to maintain. I can identify as I'm getting on in years myself and require more maintenance myself!

Thanks for creating a memorable time for our family to reconnect!

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 August 2013

The meal was memorable, though not in a good way. The "Filet Mignon" was really meat glue fake filet mignon (google it for the full story), poorly prepared. The meal was served cold and portions were skimpy. Confused and disorganized staff, minimal service. The stand up comics were OK, though not great-it is unfair to review the entertainment since stand up is a personal experience and there was a generational gap between the comedians and the audience. A great disappointment at $110 for 2 people. If you want to do the stern wheeler ride, get the cheapest option, preferably one without a "meal" and entertainment.

7  Thank OregonToScotland