“Bloomers & Re-bloomers!”

Schreiner's Iris Gardens
Ranked #4 of 81 things to do in Salem
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Early May through early June, we invite you to stroll through our 10-acre display gardens. Gift shop, plant sale, cut Iris by the stem or by the dozen. Gardens open daily dawn to dusk. FREE admission, FREE parking. Gardens closed in summer and winter months. Office remains open year-round, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 16 November 2012

When I lived in MD a friend ordered some Iris to be delivered to my house. I loved the flowers so much that when I moved to OR, I dug them up and brought them along--not knowing that I had moved to the very town of their birth! Every May/June I make sure not to miss the 250 acre sight of irises blooming along I-5, and visit the Schreiner's Iris Gardens to catch my breath at their wonderful displays. BTW, my plants are re-bloomers and come up again the fall. Many passers-by comment on my flowers and I always recommend that they visit Schreiner's in Keizer!

There are newer reviews for Schreiner's Iris Gardens

Reviewed 23 August 2012

I am so happy we discovered Schreiner's gardens. They grow and sell irises, mostly, and they welcome people to come and enjoy them in fields and in the amazingly landscaped gardens they have. Also, the proprietor throws Memorial Day party, and everyone is welcome to come and enjoy music, food, and flowers. Everyone was very friendly, and we felt welcome, and amazed, and, quite honestly, touched by the easy-going elegance and warmth of the event. We, of course, ordered irises (who can resist that?) and we will be back next spring to enjoy this wonderful place.

Reviewed 10 August 2012

You cannot imagine how many colors irises come in. This is a world known catalog order garden. So worth seeing.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

This is another photographers heaven. The last two weeks in May is the best time to visit. They have many functions here, not to mention the beautiful gardens. It's located 33 miles south of Portland. Take exit 263 on I-5. Go to their web site for more info: http://www.schreinersgardens.com/bloom.shtml.

4  Thank Dave M
Reviewed 10 July 2012

what a beautiful place to take family and stroll through the iris. Not to mention a beautiful place to take pictures! You get amazing pictures there!