“Fun for all ages!”

Salem's Riverfront Carousel
Ranked #2 of 87 things to do in Salem
Reviewed 30 November 2013

The Riverfront Carousel has always been a family favorite. The carousel itself is classic. There is a nice gift store and a indoor area for birthday parties. The carousel is surrounded by a great park setting with an area for the kids to play, a water feature in the summer for those hot days, nice walking or bike paths, access to the Willamette Queen and the Gilbert House.

1  Thank Paula M
in 21 reviews
"great playground"
"surrounding park"
in 4 reviews
"great place to take the kids"
"gilbert house"
in 14 reviews
"children and adults"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 25 November 2013

My kids love it. The operators, whom I believe are volunteers are always so nice to the kids. They also offer birthday parties, and a few free days every year. Attached to an adorable gift shop. Right in downtown Salem. In a fantastic park on the river that has a splash pad and play structures. Walking distance to A.C. Gilbert house. Cheap, too. I think it's $1.50 for a ride.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

My wife and I go here when our grandson is in town. He loves it very much and we appreciate the craftsmanship. This is a very fun place to visit. Don't miss it...

Reviewed 15 October 2013

The work done on this carousel are just absolutely gorgeous! My husband was not wanting to go see it because it's just a carousel, when we arrived we found out they are hand carved and that there is no other kind alike. The gift shop was a nice little shop and we met one of the carvers. Great site to see.