“New Experience, Nice Experience!”
Review of Amadeus Cafe

Amadeus Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Amadeus Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 537 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Logan, Utah
“New Experience, Nice Experience!”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

My sister-in-law suggested Amadeus Cafe when the restaurant we had planned to use for lunch had a long wait. It was a good choice. The restaurant has very plesant ambiance and it is pleasingly quiet. The staff were all very nice, though the service was definitely on the slow side. There were four of us and we each had a different lunch. We all thought that our food was very nicely prepared. I'd not go there if I was in a hurry, but for a very good, relaxing lunch, it was just ideal.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank cachevalley1

Salem, Oregon
“Amadeus has moved”
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Please note that Amadeus is downtown at 135 Liberty and is no longer off Skyline as shown on the tripadvisor map.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Hammerhead97302
Left Coast
“Maybe the best bartender in Salem, lets hope the food catches up.”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

The good news – Amadeus recently acquired a top level bartender in Rob. This man is an alchemist converting mere alcohol into experiences. He is a master of his craft. The ok news – The physical plant needs some help. For a new restaurant the chairs are tired, I would guess much of it was purchased used, and without style. The bar area is largely finished in salvaged lumber and looks awesome, but the rest if the place seems largely devoid of thought. The bad news – The food, while head and shoulders above an Applebee’s or other chain, seems to be like an American Car of the 1970’s. Designed and planed well enough, but assembled and taken through production with a disregard for quality. Plates are cold and chilled the food. Sauces jellied. French bread was chewy. The flan was curdled. Finish is lacking across the board and as a result flavors fall flat. You can see where they are going, they just don’t get there. We had a table with several appetizers and entrees and the best thing on the table was a decent, but not exceptional César Salad.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank inog
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Each menu item is perfected!”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I loved their house salad because it was not weighted down by dressing but was lightly dressed and seasoned. And to balance my meal I enjoyed the rich but perfectly balanced shrimp carbonara. Amadeus is an inviting restaurant with a wait staff of the highest standard.

• Visited August 2013
Salem, Oregon
“Had a good meal there once, but only once!”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

First time at this restaurant we had a nice meal from the starter through the main dish and desert. The last time we had dinner here we decided it was our last. We took another couple with us telling them that it was pretty good, and sadly we all left saying we wouldn't be back. For me to report this, It's only fair to share why we came to this conclusion.

The meal started with a cesar salad. The salad was no more than lettuce with very little tastless dressing on it, in fact it tasted like just eating a plate of lettuce. The cesar dressing was terrible and almost non existent.

Next cam the main meal and I ordered seared scallops which were not cheap by the way, but I love scallops so I decided on them. I had my taste buds set for nice large sea scallops and when the meal came it was the small cheap bay scallops that were over cooked to boot. The other three in our party were dissapointed in their meals as well but I can't speak for them specifically. The desert was the best part of the meal, but we will not eat here again!

• Visited September 2012