“Great Lunch Place”

Hawaiian Time
Ranked #75 of 577 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is a great place for lunch in Salem. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the food is served quickly, and it is delicious. I like the low-carb option, with your meat of choice and all veggies instead of the rice and macaroni. Three portion sizes available, with the container sizes displayed next to the menu. The decor is lunchroom style with tables, not fancy, has some island decorations on the walls. Restrooms are available & they have a very few outdoor tables if you wish to eat outside. If you need a tasty quick meal in Salem, this is a good choice.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I just stumbled upon this place and am so glad I did. The staff was friendly and the food was great and served fast. Wish I lived in town so I could eat there on a regular basis. I had the Huli Huli chicken (teriyaki) which came with rice and macaroni. Every bite was wonderful. The menu had other items that look great too. If I was in town longer, I would go back and try other options. Fingers crossed they will expand to Tennessee.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I have been to this restaurant at least 15 times and have almost always had great service and food. One of the wait-staff even remembered my order over and over again. I love that macaroni salad and rice and vegetables. However, this last Saturday, November 2, I invited a friend from out of town to go there with me. "You'll love this restaurant!" I told her. The rice was undercooked and almost inedible. That is forgivable. I undercook rice sometimes. However, it was a breezy cold November day and they had a window in the back of the kitchen wide open and the breeze was really blowing on us. The papers were flapping off the bulletin board in the kitchen. We were literally shivering. I went up to the counter and asked the young woman if the window could be closed. She said it was impossible because it would blow the other doors open. How could a restaurant not solve this problem on a cold day in November? I was embarrassed that I had recommended this restaurant to a friend.

Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

We came here with a large group, all orders were correct! Food was fresh, nice portions, & very tasty. Made us all want to go back to Hawaii! Would visit again!

1  Thank Scrappette
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I had heard good things about their Hawaiian Plate Lunches so I stopped in to see what they offer. True to form, it is very like what you would expect, and get, in Hawaii. Six Plate Lunches to choose from, all which come in your choice of 3 sizes. Also 3 sandwiches (Chicken, Pork & Beef), a Chinese Chicken Salad (which is what I ordered, a perfect blend of flavors and very satisfying for $7.95), sides of Mac Salad and rice (which come with the plate lunches, mac salad with the sandwiches), and Grilled Veggies ($3.95). Dessert is a Liege Waffle for $2.75. All sauces and marinades are 100% Gluten Free and Vegan
Everything smelled good and looked good, so I will be back to try other menu options.
A Welcome addition to Salem.

1  Thank Debimlee

Been to Hawaiian Time? Share your experiences!