“Great food, kid-friendly, vegetarian-friendly, nice beer selection”

Venti's Cafe & Taphouse
Ranked #47 of 531 Restaurants in Salem
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Fairview
Transit: Salem-Keizer Cherriots #1-South Commercial and #8-Liberty Rd. busses stop within a block of Venti's Cafe + Taphouse.
Description: Venti's Cafe + Taphouse is an energetic establishment located at 2840 Commercial St. SE Salem. We pride ourselves on good, clean food, an inviting yet edgy atmosphere, and a commitment to unique flavor, attitude, and culture. Teriyaki chicken skewers and rice bowls is how Venti's all began in 1996. Our menu has evolved to include a wide range of unique rice bowls, tasty vegetarian and vegan options, boutique burgers, colorful salads, and multicultural cuisine. The menu has something for everyone, including exotic spices, savory sauces, and gluten-free options, all at a moderate price. We offer a family environment by allowing children to select from our homemade kid's options and to have fun in the kid's play area. Venti's strives to carry a rotating selection of unique microbrews and ciders, offering 24 taps and over 100 bottles, specializing in Oregon and NW brews but regularly throwing something different on draft. Follow our Twitter feed for daily tap updates and event info.
Newport
“Great food, kid-friendly, vegetarian-friendly, nice beer selection”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Ok, I admit to considering Salem a bit of a desert when it comes to fine dining. I have to travel here frequently for work and perceive it as a bit of an outpost when it comes to culture. However, I recently discovered Venti's on a co-worker's suggestion, and have now had two delicious meals here.This is a great option for almost any dining situation! I brought my toddler, my vegan mother, and my meat-and-potatoes husband here and EVERYONE was happy and found something great to eat.

The kid's menu is a big plus- they actually had options besides the usual gross kid's food (chicken sticks and other crap). My son had the garlic sesame tofu with veggies and yakisoba noodles, which was seriously delicious. My mom had a teriyaki tofu rice bowl that was amazing. My husband had a steak sandwich and sweet potato fries, and I had a Greek salad with falafel. We got an appetizer of spicy pickled cucumbers that was great. Our server was attentive and recommended a great Pilsner that accompanied my salad perfectly. Everyone liked their food.

There is a play area stocked with nice Scandinavian- made wooden toys that occupied my son during our meal. As the parent of a young toddler I have come to appreciate play areas to no end, and this is a good one.

I have not tried the other location, but have heard this one is perhaps a bit bigger. This location has a little outdoor patio which looked to be a nice place for enjoying a beverage on a summer afternoon.

Venti's is a great choice in Salem.

• Visited July 2014

Florence
“Great food”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

First visit to this restaurant in Salem; had a very wonderful hamburger, with great thin crispy fries, followed by a delightful lemon cheesecake. And a had a great ale. Had to wait about 15 minutes to get a table but service was excellent once seated. Would return.

• Visited April 2014
Oregon
“best for this location”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We've seen many restaurants come and go in this building and had high hopes for this opening of a well-known downtown cafe/music venue. We were disappointed in the decor (cold) and have yet to find a dish we truly love, however the cider/beer offerings are great, the staff is good, and it is just a short walk so we keep going! Food tends to be overly salty, wait staff and cooks have no flexibility, and the veggies look like what we throw out when we cook at home (wilted leaves and stalks, mostly). We'd love asparagus, broccoli, or spinach... we'd love slightly lower prices, and food with less that 10 ingredients, but it is a fun place and we'll keep going...!

Visited February 2014
Orange, California, United States
“Unique Options”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

When visiting Salem, I am often on the somewhat challenging hunt to find restaurants that are interesting, exciting, ethnically diverse, and vegetarian friendly. Thus, I was quite happy when my family introduced me to Venti's, which turned out to be an excellent choice. Many good menu options appealed to the lone vegetarian in the group as well as most of the others. It can get crowded during peak times, but in general the wait is worth it.

• Visited December 2013
Salem, OR
“Not Our Kind of Place”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

The place was fine and the food was decent, but the three of us that went were not impressed. It was very much a “hipster” type of place.

• Visited October 2013