“Fabulous B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Century House of Salem Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 6 Salem B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had the pleasure of staying at the Century House in Salem, Oregon for two nights. Jean, the owner, was great. The room was clean and comfortable, and the breakfasts served were delicious. We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay during our recent visit in Salem.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cindy H

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed at Century House while cycling the scenic bikeway, reviews/website unseen. Boy did we luck out. The hostess, Jean, an avid cyclist herself, gave us the scoop on all the great things to do in the area within cycling distance, along with a bike map outlining the ideal routes. She also took excellent care of our bikes, carefully locking them up each night in her carriage house and wheeling them out after breakfast. Meals were always fabulous. I once filled up on a family style course only to find that there was another course yet to come. But what really made this stay special was the warmth and attention of Jean. She is just an awesome person.

Pro tip: When Jean asks you if you would like a treat, say yes.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Vitanz
Reviewed 28 April 2014

By far one of the most accomodating places I have ever stayed. Such a warm inviting place! I was in Salem Oregon from the East Coast and I felt as if I was still at home. Peaceful, charming are just a couple of words I could use. Each morning was a new experience for breakfast, which was most enjoyable, and the atmosphere and accommodations were well beyond my expectations. Jean is such a gracious host and I would highly recommend her beautiful home to anyone! The exterior of her home is just as inviting as inside and a very beautiful place to just sit and experience the tranquility of nature. The next time I visit Oregon I would stay at the Century House even if my business was several miles away in another part of Oregon!

Room Tip: I would stay in any of the rooms!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Henry W
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have stayed at The Century House numerous times over the past few years, and each visit is such a lovely experience! The owner is warm, welcoming, genuinely hospitable, and extremely knowledgeable of the Salem area...not to mention an excellent cook! Meals are prepared with special thought given to everyone's dietary requests, with locally grown fruits and vegetables, etc. I can honestly say that some of the best breakfasts I have ever eaten, have been here at the Century House. I can't imagine ever staying anywhere else, when visiting this area.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Leanne C
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Arriving at Century house after a five hour drive, Jean - the owner - greeted my mother and I with a smile and warm cookies just out of the oven. Her 102 year old home is beautifully updated, with just the right mix of original charm and modern comfort and convenience. Jean is engaging and solicitous but respectful of space and privacy. Her three lovely guest bedrooms, each different in size and amenities, are comfortable and inviting. Breakfast in the gracious main room is fresh and tasty. Friends who are not guests can be included in the breakfast for an additional charge. Century House is walking distance from Willamette University, the State Capitol and the original downtown area. A wonderful experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I stayed at this quaint home several nights ago after touring the Willamette campus and was thoroughly pleased. I enjoyed the beautiful house and the comfortable rooms as well as the hospitality of Jean! The atmosphere is simple yet romantic and very welcoming. The breakfast was superb and left me feeling ready to take on the day. I would make the decision of staying here again in a heartbeat. I advise anyone looking for a quiet and relaxing place to crash to make reservations ASAP!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 19 October 2013

My husband and I stayed two nights while visiting our Granddaughter's family weekend at Willamette University. Jean was welcoming, friendly and attentive to our every need. The breakfasts were delightful with fresh, locally grown produce and delicious flavors. There were amazing gluten free muffins to accomodate special dietary restrictions.

The bed was comfortable and the atmosphere was charming. We will be staying here again on our next visits.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family