“Tucked away, but worth the hunt!”
Review of Orchards Bistro - CLOSED

Orchards Bistro
Cuisines: American
Salem, Oregon
“Tucked away, but worth the hunt!”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Don't miss the Raspberry Whiskey Shrimp Salad!

Kate, the friendly proprietor, explained to me that this dish evolved from a Rib-eye Steak dinner entree at her McMinnville restaurant. The Steak was served on a bed of dressed raw Spinach, Artichoke Hearts and Raspberries and topped with the Shrimp, Sauteed Mushrooms, bits of Bacon and Shaved Fresh Parmesan Cheese. Folks kept asking for more Salad and Toppings, so they finally just skipped the Steak and offered it as a Salad! It's served with two diagonally cut and toasted French Baguette slices.

You're gonna love it!

Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sooo good, can't even describe it!”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Unique specials and wonderful "twists" to your usual boring options. I am not very fond of "sloppy joes" just because they are "sloppy" to eat but their version looked very appetizing (another guest who was seated beside us ordered it) so I had to try it. It was super yummy and delicately flavoured that I didn't mind the mess at all. My husband ordered the wild mushroom pesto lasagna and it was great as well. My husband loves pasta and this was one of his favourites. I highly recommend this bistro - besides the great flavours, service was excellent as well. Oh and the prices are very reasonable for the gourmet-style food they serve.

1 Thank A1TravellerCanada
Salem
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh and Fast”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

The food is very tasty. They have daily specials that make you want to come back often to see what's new. They are concerned about your health and always accommodate any special requests - from customization to dietary concerns (gluten free and dairy free options). Fast, fresh and friendly. And, they make their own bread daily. Plus, they serve Pickle Chowder - if that's not a reason to visit, I don't know what is!

1 Thank CharElls
McMinnville, Tennessee
“McMinnville's Lost, Salem's Gain”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

This is my 4th trip since they moved to Salem, and as usual I wasn't disappointed. Orchards Bistro was my favorite dinner spot in McMinnville because I work in Salem. They are now my favorite lunch spot. Will highly recommend!

2 Thank Tim C
Newberg
“Greatest lunch deal around!!”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I miss this restaurant more than words can express. My group of "ladies who lunch" had a standing lunch date there every Tuesday when they were in McMinnville. Their soup bar was always fabulous! We still haven't found a replacement to satisfy this need.

• Visited February 2013