“Hits on all cyclinders!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Gerry Frank's Konditorei
Ranked #1 of 14 Dessert in Salem
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lake Oswego, Oregon, United States
“Hits on all cyclinders!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Seems like different people like different things for a place to eat.... so what I like about the Konditeri is that it is flexibility good for people wanting choice of good food is dessert! Always a warm atmosphere!

• Visited April 2014

Salem, Oregon, United States
“My Sweet Fix!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Came here for dessert with family. Whenever I want a great dessert, this is my first choice. Even though it can be on the pricier side, it is worth every sweet bite. The desserts are fresh and moist, and never dried out. The variety of cakes could be improved on. There's always several different chocolate cakes, but I am surprised there is not much variety for fruits in the cakes (i.e. apples, oranges, etc.). They have a few cakes with raspberry or marionberry, but not much of a variety as other dessert places I have been to. They do have a variety of cheese cakes that went over well with one family member who loves cheese cake. There are some cookies and brownies. They are large sizes, but you can buy many of the same types in smaller sizes at the grocery store. They do have a menu for salads, sandwiches, etc., but it will be on the lighter side. Overall, this is my favorite place to come to in Salem for dessert and will be back.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Cornville, Arizona
“I've never had cake any better than Gerry's!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

We visited our daughter and family in Salem a couple of weeks ago. They had recently discovered Gerry Frank's, and our daughter thought we should try it. Wow, wow, wow!! I can't imagine anyone not liking their cakes, and believe me, we tried several varieties while we were there. We found the cake to be melt-in-your-mouth delicious! Not one we had was dry...they were all FABULOUS! Let's see....we tried Raspberry Lemonade, Coconut Cream, Champagne Raspberry and Old Fashion Chocolate. Yeah, it's a little pricey, but I've paid that much for desserts not nearly as good as these were. Also, we loved the atmosphere! It's a tiny little place, but so cozy! We even liked some of the regular food. We especially liked the lasagna, but some of the sandwiches were pretty good as well. I thought the tomato basil soup was excellent! We also had excellent service there! We can't wait for our next trip. This place will definitely be on our list of restaurants to revisit when we go back!

Visited April 2014
Salem, Oregon
“Chocolate Cake Plus..YUM-YUM”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

If dessert is your thing think no further...Gerry's Konditorei is your place. The various "chocolate" desserts will make your mouth start watering. There hasn't been a dessert there that we haven't said....heaven sent. Our children when coming home for a visit take us and their families there at least one night's dessert treat. And a treat it is!!! You won't be disappointed....give Gerry's a try...and if you're lucky Gerry just might be walking around greeting you...what a great guy and Oregon ambassador he has been and is to this day.

• Visited March 2014
Salem, Oregon, United States
“way overrated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

almost no bakery items to my liking at all. Lunch is mediocre. I don't trust his reviews in the Oregonian. The guy is a walking advertisement for other businesspeople.

Visited April 2013