“My Favorite Dessert Place”

Gerry Frank's Konditorei
Ranked #1 of 14 Dessert in Salem
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Salem, Oregon
“My Favorite Dessert Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

We often go to the Konditorei-- it's a long-time Salem cake shop which, in addition to desserts, serves lunch and dinner. The cakes are fresh and moist and oh, so delicious! The restaurant was packed this Friday night and some opted for outdoor seating. The waitpersons were working very hard to keep up with it all, and despite the busy pace, they were cheerful and helpful. I chose lemon cream cake tonight and loved it. I cut the generous slice in half and took half home in a box.

• Visited August 2014

Keizer, Oregon
“Not as good as advertised”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have been here a few times and usually leave a little disappointed. Most recently I ordered a custom cake and the finished product was not at all as I had requested. Of course, it was too late to change anything so I just accepted it. Their customer service is not very good, but they seem to do good business. The cakes are a little overpriced I think also.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Millskills
“Fun stop!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Great selection of gormet desserts in a cute little shop near the center of Salem. Our favorites are the Italian Cream Cake and, of course, Gerry's Chocolate Cake. Difficult choice! We have flown the small Champaign Cake for family gatherings in Boston! Does that makes our favorite Salem dessert shop nationally famous?

So Ponte Vedra Bch
“quaint and Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Loved the cute atmosphere with tables offered outside too. Food all freshly made. Also had a children s menu, our grandson loved the Mac & Cheese. My quiche was awesome and the chicken salad perfection. But lets get to the good stuff! Surrounding you in every direction is every type of cake imaginable and then some. I promise after you finish lunch you still will not be able to decide which one to try. I personally think they should offer a plate sampling of 4 or 5 so you get to taste a few. The carrot cake and raspberry champagne were to die for and our grandson devoured the double fudge brownie.
We got lucky and the owner Gerry Frank was there enjoying his lunch (homemade soup) that's how you know the food is great. LOL
Gerry writes and sells his books on travel and Oregon. If he is there he will be happy to sign it for you. A very nice man to talk to when at the store.
Do not miss this place, even if you just stop for coffee and a wonderful desert. You will be so glad you did!

Visited July 2014
Salem, Oregon
“Not amazing, average.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I have had pie and cheesecake there, my wife tried cake (she gave me a bite) none of which were fabulous. They were good, but just average. I was expecting much more from the reviews I read and heard. Overall, I was not impressed and it was expensive as well.

• Visited October 2013