“Reliable and a lot of variety”

Marco Polo Global Restaurant
Ranked #84 of 544 Restaurants in Salem
Good for: Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Marco Polo is very consistent. They have a very extensive menu, so everyone should find something they like. It is always good, not really exceptional, but with that many dishes available that would be hard. They have, Chinese, Italian, American - they have several gluten-free dishes also.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We have eaten at Marco Polo a number of times, but somehow we forget how good their food and service is. What is amazing is their reasonable prices. They give you soup or salad, a huge sized entree, a dessert and tea for $8-10. The food is very well seasoned and thought out. The service is very attentive. Food is served very fast; your entree arrives within just minutes of ordering. It's not crowed at lunch (although it should be!), so there is never a wait to be seated.

They also have several vegetarian dishes and gluten free options. There's lots of parking adjacent, as it is next door to a parking structure.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

This is our favorite restaurant in Salem. To be fair, just the thought of trying another place just sends us back to what we consider the perfect place, service, and food so why go anywhere else.
In another of my reviews, I complained about a restaurant where a vegetarian cannot get a decent meal when the spouse is very fond of meat. Well, this restaurant is the perfect solution for us. My husband loves his meat dishes (particularly the sweet and sour pork) and I have an amazing array of vegetarian and vegan options to choose from. I can have a tofu, or vegetarian beef or chicken option. No matter what I try, they are all delicious. Servings are very ample and I always have a second meal to bring home and my husband sometimes does also. The brown rice is a special blend for this restaurant and is delicious. There is seating with a nice view and great atmosphere. The past couple of times we had dinner in the lounge and had great service there also. Yes, the menu is extensive but that gives us all the more choices to try something new, which never disappoints. Also, we always feel we have great value for the price.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I was told this was a good restauratn in sale and I strongly disagree. the menu was to big, it consisted of three menus. The food came out way to fast and we had our appetizer salads and dinner all at once which was horrible. When asked how food prepared almost all of the items are frozen and cooked from there on, none of it is fresh. it taste gross, presentation was horrible. and I even got water spilled on my back by a server. horrible experience.

Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

We are regular customers of Marco Polo & have never had anything but a great experience with wonderful food. We have been part of big groups & also just as Date Nite. Reasonable prices and big portions. Garlic green beans are my fave!

Been to Marco Polo Global Restaurant? Share your experiences!