“Surprisingly good.”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Independence, Oregon
“Surprisingly good.”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Went here only because it was a friend's choice. Not a fan of Chinese themed restaurants. Nice surprise. Exceeded my expectations, nice options in addition to the regular menu and well done versions of "Chinese" food standards. Would recommend it if you like this style. Very good service and reasonable pricing.

• Visited July 2014

Coos Bay, Oregon
“Great Chinese Menu”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stopped in here for a little date night and the service was wonderful. Very friendly and attentive. Since it was our first visit they made sure we got a nice window seat with a view of the park. I was expecting a little bit more of a diverse menu. Essentially they had a Chinese menu, a European menu, and a vegetarian version of the two. They also have a gluten free option if you want it. We both ended up ordering off the Chinese menu. My husband is generally a picky eater but he did try something a little new to him and had their cashew chicken stir fry. I had the yellow curry with shrimp which was incredible. You had a choice of white or brown rice and the brown rice was absolutely cooked to perfection. So, for Chinese food, it was very good. We'll have to go back and try other menu items and update our review.

Visited July 2014
“food”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

best Chinese and Europe food in Salem also has a full gluten free and vegan or vegetarian menu so many things to choose from and everything's so fresh

Visited July 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great vegetarian & gluten free options - delicious curry.”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Year after year Marco Polo is voted by the Statesman Journal (local Salem newspaper) to be one of the best restaurants in Salem. I don't know if it's particularly great - but their array of menus really is a crowd pleaser. It's also a huge place, so you never have to wait for a table, they have a full bar, and they take reservations for large groups. It would make a great lunch space for a meeting or for a birthday, rehearsal dinner, graduation dinner. The location is great for people around for business at the Convention Center who want to go and grab a quiet dinner or a drink. They do everything on their menu quite well, but I wouldn't say their food is phenomenal. It's Oregon, so there are amazing fresh produce restaurants with farm-to-table for incredibly reasonable prices. I also wouldn't say Marco Polo has "traditional" Chinese food. Also, if you're looking for cheap to-go asian food, this is not your place.

That being said, I'm a big fan of the curry and I like that they offer a choice of brown or white rice. This is a go-to place for my family members in Salem when they want to take someone out to a fairly nice but not too expensive dinner.

• Visited May 2014
SanFrancisco
“So disappointing”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Went to marco polo to grab a quick dinner while in town on business. Called to see if reservations were needed and was assisted by a very rude emoloyee. We had 45 minutes until the restaurant closed (which is cutting it close but not an complete inconvenience to staff) and he was less than enthused. He was very snappy and kept repeating it was almost closing and we would have to order within the next 15 minutes. Upon entering we were quite taken back by the drapes...like grandmother jcpenny catalog drapes circa 1980 EVERYWHERE! Going over the menus (far too many) I chose the raspberry pistachio chicken. It was served Luke warm, little sauce and looked very thrown together. After the first bite I realized it tasted freezer burnt and it wasn't cooked thoroughly. Needless to say I didn't finish my meal. We also seen dinners being delivered on a wheeled metal shelf cart to other tables....very odd. Rushed to leave in search of another place to get desert to wash the taste out of our mouths (thank you bentleys.) Also, spent half the night sick. DEFINITELY WILL NOT RETURN!

Been to Marco Polo Global? Share your experiences!