This hotel was very convenient for me. It was close enough to the transit station; a $5.00 taxi, or 20 minute walk. It is located on mission street and so are numerous attractions, which are in walking distance such as the Bush House Museum, Bush's Pasture Park, and Deepwood Estate. It is also in walking distance of the State Capitol, Thomas Kay Woolen Mill, Willamette University and many other attractions. A little further from the hotel, but a nice walk, are the Salem Shopping areas in the heart of the city and the Riverfront Park. This hotel is very close to a big K Mart (about a 10 minute walk) and a little further, but still in walking distance is a Costco.
The front desk personnel at the hotel were very nice and helpful, providing me with accurate directions and information. The room was clean, had a small fridge, and an in-room safe. The room price was reasonable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- updated melm 3/11/07 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn Salem reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn Salem Hotel Salem
- Howard Johnson Salem
- Salem Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Hotel Salem