“Good service, charming setting, poor razor clams”

Annette's Westgate Cafe
Ranked #3 of 543 Restaurants in Salem
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Annettes is located in the historic Kingwood Building. Originally built in 1928 to be a market place. The building has adopted many occupants through it's time. Annette has given the historic building the respect it deserves with a dramatic makeover inside and out. Many people still remember the old market place and can't believe this is the same building from way back when. Come dine with us in our modern, yet home style stmosphere, with friendly staff to make you feel right at home.
Reviewed 27 November 2013

My wife & I had dinner at Annette's after reading the reviews in Tripadvisor. The setting was charming and the service was very good. We ate on a Tuesday night and the restaurant was almost full. My wife ordered the chicken fajita special, I, the Razor Clam & Oyster combination dinner. The salad bar was good with lots of condiments and the dinners came in large portions. Those eating around us seemed to enjoy their meals and the atmosphere. However, my wife's meal was just OK as was mine EXCEPT for the razor clams. They were heavily breaded, tough and had no flavor. I was very disappointed - a waste of razor clams. I'll probably try Annette's again BUT not their clams.

2  Thank Eugene-traveler

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Annette's Westgate Cafe is just a great place to eat! I particularly like their breakfast menu and the serving sizes are man-sized. But Annette's has way more than breakfast. They have an impressive salad bar and a big selection of comfort food. It's a good place for a business lunch or a late Saturday breakfast.

2  Thank Rob B
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

We found this little out of the way place on the 22w just outside of Salem. Staff and food were absolutely fabulous. All the other comments are accurate.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Attended a business meeting in the conference center and truly enjoyed the personalized service and ability to order off of the full menu. Very friendly staff.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We were in Salem for vacation and visited Annette's. Enjoyed the food and good service. would eat here often if lived closer.