“Awesome food, great service!”

Annette's Westgate Cafe
Ranked #3 of 543 Restaurants in Salem
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Annettes is located in the historic Kingwood Building. Originally built in 1928 to be a market place. The building has adopted many occupants through it's time. Annette has given the historic building the respect it deserves with a dramatic makeover inside and out. Many people still remember the old market place and can't believe this is the same building from way back when. Come dine with us in our modern, yet home style stmosphere, with friendly staff to make you feel right at home.
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I had my last dinner of a family visit to Oregon here, and it didn't disappoint! I ordered a "Blackened BBQ Bacon Burger" ($11.99), with fries and had a Nates Apple something or other...it had whiskey, apple juice with some cinnamon liqueur...and it was awesome.

The burger was very large, and the bacon was this very thick farm cut style that you just don't get at restaurants anymore. There were 3 adults and 1 child in our party, and we sat outside. It was very pleasant, and the waitstaff was quick and efficient. At about the same time as our food arrived, a group of musicians set up at a table and started playing guitars and singing. It looked to be just some local fellas getting together to play, rather than a paid group...but they were still pretty good, and added to the nice evening.

Next time I'm in Salem, I fully intend on trying the breakfast items that other reviewers rave about, but as for the dinner menu; it's pretty awesome too!

1  Thank awschroader
There are newer reviews for Annette's Westgate Cafe

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I love Annette's Westgate Cafe. I have never had a bad meal or service at Annette's. They have some of the best breakfast meals around. I also love the small little neighborhood bar attached to the restaurant. They have the perfect bar menu and they are not afraid to pour you a good mixed drink. The best part of hanging out at the bar is the friendly atmosphere. For the the quality and amount of food you get Annette's prices are exceptional. Annette's also has a banquet room in their basement if you need a larger space for a meeting or small party.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I had heard nothing but good things about this restaurant so we decided to give it a try one day for a late lunch/early dinner. After hearing how crowded it can be, we were surprised to find it relatively empty and super quiet. After looking over their expansive menu with so many options to choose from, I chose the rib eye sandwich and my husband had the Texas melt. The food came out super fast and super hot, and the portions were huge. I wasn't expecting a full 8 oz. steak for the sandwich and it was probably one of the best I've had in Salem. It was well seasoned with their blackening seasoning, and cooked to perfection Their onion rings were also some of the best in the area, but all the food was just too much and had to take it home.

We were enticed for a couple of their cheesecake shooters which were these adorable little cheesecake dishes for only $1.50 each. it was the perfect ending to a wonderful meal. I am really looking forward to trying them for breakfast or at least, to try some of their breakfast dishes.

2  Thank Geri S
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This place does not look like much from the outside, inside you'll find great food and pretty good service. Everything is fresh. Really good salads. They do have outside seating as well. Come hungry as the portions are huge.

1  Thank Mike P
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We found this great place in West Salem by accident and boy were we surprised when we ordered and discovered the food here is fantastic! Everyone was kind and attentive and friendly. Food is exceptional! I kid you not! And the prices were more than fare since we received a substantial amount on our plates. You don't want t miss this resturant!

2  Thank Diane G