“Good Food & Service, but very noisy”

Best Little Roadhouse
Ranked #4 of 544 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Because of the high recommendations we received for this restaurant, we drove from Portland to Salem just to try it out. It was a Sunday afternoon around 4:30, so we figured we would be safe as far as getting in before the crowd! WRONG!
We were seated in the fireplace room which should have been a very cozy, quiet place to enjoy a relaxing dinner. NOT! When we arrived, there were lots of little kids who were not being controlled by the adults in the party.... and they were all running around and acting like kids usually do. Finally when that party left we thought we could peacefully enjoy our meal. NOT! Not long after a sports team with their parents arrived. The kids were fine, but the adults were all talking over the top of each other making it quite noisy.
The food and service were excellent. But, not sure that we would return. This place is way too popular and I am not sure that anytime of the day would be ideal to have a quiet meal.

1  Thank JLE45

Reviewed 30 October 2013

A very busy restaurant but the service was fast and the food very good. The staff were very friendly and efficient in waiting on and serving our group of about 25 people each ordering on their own check. Our group ordered from salads to sandwiches to full meals such as ribs and all the food came at the same time and hot. I didn't hear anyone complain about their food. I would go here again if I return to Salem.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

In a town with very few consistent, good quality restaurants to choose from, BLRH delivers. Love their salads and sandwiches!

BLRoadhouse, Manager at Best Little Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you for the great comments, we appreciate it!

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Had dinner here on a Thursday night, parking lot packed. Went inside and was seated immediately with a sweet waitress. Martini and fresh bread was really good. I ordered the prime rib and that was perfect! I don't agree with the other reviews putting down the prime rib, it was extremely satisfying. My husband got the pulled pork sandwich which was good but it lacked of sauce. I'd rate it higher if the waitress actually checked up on us and if we didn't have to hunt down someone just for ketchup. Condiments should always be accessible to customers or asked when giving you French fries. Other then that the environment was good.

Thank you for your comments! We appreciate your feedback. We do our best to provide great service. We will share your frustration with the lack of condiments on the table. We try to practice that condiments are on the table before the food. We didn't do that with you and we apologize that your server didn't check back with you in a timely manner. I noticed that you didn't think the pulled pork didn't have enough sauce on it. I will share your comments with our expo managers to ensure they are consistent with the pulled pork. Glad you enjoyed the prime rib!
Again, thank you for your feedback, we strive to be consistent with our food and service, but in your case, I hope that your next visit is even better!
Jennifer

Reviewed 29 September 2013

To be fair, four of the six meals we had were pretty good. But mine, was horrible. My "Prime Rib" was hardly that. I really doubt it was even prime rib and not some other kind of roast, like rump. First clue, no fat. One of the characteristics of prime rib is a healthy amount marbling--without it, it can't be categorized as "prime." The mystery roast they served was firm (as opposed to tender), dry and flavorless. I am not one of those guys who likes his expensive meat overcooked then doused with something so you can't taste the meat. I eat prime at medium-rare with nothing but a little salt, because I like the taste of the meat, which this had none of. I never send a meal back, never, but this one I should have. A family member with us had highly recommended this place, so rather than embarrassing them, I'm venting here. I guess I'm so pissed off because I worked long enough in restaurants to know that any of the cooks knew that this piece of meat was not fit to be served, but they thought they could get away with it. And they did. The rest of the meals were okay, salmon on salad. Slices of beef in wine sauce with mushrooms on top of mashed potatoes--hard to screw that one up. Over-cooked pork chops (burnt), but some people like their meat well-done, so I'll give them a pass. But the thing is prime rib is one of the easiest things to prepare! Just buy a great roast and don't overcook it. By the way, nothing was wrong with the service and the appetizers were fine. The easy stuff and the things with a high profit margin were fine. I just think they were trying to cut corners and increase their profit margin with a cheap piece of beef.

BLRoadhouse, General Manager at Best Little Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Though we make every effort to provide the best in quality and service, it is obvious that we fell short in your visit, and I am terribly sorry that you didn't enjoy your prime rib. We only buy our ribeye loins from a reputable buyer and have a tried and usually true recipe that is use to prepare our prime rib. We do not cut corners with this product as it is one of our signature menu items. We always want to right a bad meal, we do encourage our guests to notify us when they are not satisfied. We hire and train our staff to be perceptive and have at least one manager on the floor at all times to help ensure quality food and service. Again, we are sorry you did not a great experience with us, we would really like the chance to make it right.

Jennifer

Been to Best Little Roadhouse? Share your experiences!