“Nice Hotel but Customer Service Skills Lacking”

Best Western Pacific Highway Inn
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Salem
London, Canada
“Nice Hotel but Customer Service Skills Lacking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

This was a nice,clean hotel. There were no amenities and i felt like i paid too much. I had asked for an end room and double checked upon arrival. I was told my room was on an end but it wasn't. The phone didn't work and because i am from Canada, my cell would not work outside the U.S. I asked to move to the room next door and was first told by the front desk person that she wasn't sure and would check. Then she said the hotel was full so no i couldn't. I pointed out that the room next door was unoccupied at that point but she never did get back to me. She did send 2 men to look at the phone and they replaced it with another. It still didn't work and they told me it was my international phone card. I have never had a problem with my phone card. A lady a few doors down offered to let me use her phone and it worked just fine. This would not have ordinarily been an issue but i did have an emergency and needed to call home. I am a diamond member and i expected better treatment. I found the bed and pillows uncomfortable. I had a non smoking room but this didn't stop two of the cleaning staff from smoking on the sidewalk right outside my door despite the signs. Breakfast was good with lots of choices. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Cathy162
Sara-BWPHI, Manager at Best Western Pacific Highway Inn, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
We are thankful that you chose to stay with us recently. Thank you for your nice comments about the cleanliness of our hotel. It is extremely disconcerting that our staff was inattentive, as this is not the typical behavior you should expect when visiting Best Western Pacific Highway Inn. We will be certain to share your feedback with all of our staff and allow more training to ensure a more pleasant experience in the future. We are very sorry; again thank you for your feedback it is our sincere hope that you will visit again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lincoln City, OR, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

This motel was most adequate, especially if you are traveling with a pet. The potty place is convenient and I hope everyone staying there with a pet is a responsible owner. I very much appreciate a nice place to stay and I am usually traveling with my dog.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Paul,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and for giving us such an excellent recommendation! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again very soon.
olympia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

The employees were average. The breakfast was slightly below average. The accommodations were below average. Problems opening the door. Sink fixture was loose. Had to walk across the parking lot for breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Timothy, thank you for leaving a review on TripAdvisor. We would like to apologize for the over all issues you had that did not live up to your expectations, and any inconvenience the situations may have caused you. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior and strive to be the best hotel around. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us another chance to show what we have done.
Saskatchewan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stayed five nights at this BW Inn while enjoying the sights in and around Salem. The room was large, very clean and well thought out for travelers with suitcases. The continental breakfast was adequate to start the day. Even the pickiest person would have trouble coming up with something wrong.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Menifee, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Room very clean. Excellent indoor heated pool .
Service great , Breakfast great .We had a handicap room and
lots of hand holds in the shower.
The first Best Western that I have been to that had a pancake machine .
The internet wifi worked great.

Park City, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Loved the pool and hot tub area - clean and well maintained. Rooms had been updated and wifi was great - even with the hotel being full every night I was there. The biggest downside was the breakfast - minimal healthy options except pieces of fruit, gravy available with no biscuits, and it was very crowded every morning so I ended up eating out instead since it wasn't worth the wait for a continental style breakfast.

Room Tip: I'm guessing the upstairs rooms are quieter than the downstairs since I could hear people on the...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Yakima, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

I booked this hotel at the last minute and was lured in by the price and proximity to our event... I didn't look very closely at the pictures. When I pulled into the parking lot I was a bit disappoinited to see it had "outside entrances", and I have to admit I was very skeptical as I checked in. However the Lobby was very nicely updated and the clerk was very helpful and knowledgeable. We walked over to our room and I was PLEASANTLY SUPRISED! The rooms had been very nicely remodeled, very clean and not at all what I expected! The beds were comfy and the continental breakfast the next morning was fantastic! It was MORE than worth the price and I am glad we gave this hotel a chance.