Best Western Pacific Highway Inn
The Grand Hotel
US$209
US$129
US$121
All reviewspancake machinethe original pancake houseair conditionerstay there againroom was cleanbiscuits and gravypool and hot tubwi filong driveeasy accessgreat place to staythe breakfast areasalem areadesk clerkconvenient locationmotelpillows
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This trip was not a vacation. It was a trip to nurse my daughter back to health after surgery. This hotel did not only accommodate my family with clean sheets, towels, etc. but they also had an excellent staff that made us feel at home. I myself am a diabetic and needed to take my blood sugar daily. The staff provided me with a hazardous container to put my lancets. Ample food was provided daily for us every morning. The place is clean, near freeways and quite. We visited our daughter at the hospital and when she was discharged she stayed with us while her husband worked the graveyard shift.

We can't thank Best Western Pacific Highway Inn enough for our experience. THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Room Tip: Like being in front of the main office.
1  Thank Concernedparent2
Reviewed 24 November 2013

It is conveniently located and since I travel with my dog I appreciated the fact that they had good pet area. Lots of places to walk your dog. Sorry to see not everyone cleaned up after their dog so I took care of all I saw. Shame on some people.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 18 November 2013

No complaints whatsoever! There was one problem, though, which will work itself out in time: New door seal had just been installed, making it very difficult to open the door with the room card. Eventually it will become easier to open. Very clean, warm, and dry. Bed was comfortable, but there was too many pillows. That problem was easily solved -- toss the extras on the floor! My mom is handicapped and is paralyzed on the right side, and she had no problems moving about the room, getting in and out of bed, or using the toilet. We had a very pleasant stay. Best thing -- BWPHI is right across from my favorite restaurant to get Eggs Benedict at -- The Original Pancake House!

Room Tip: None! Looks like they would all be good.
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Good motel, nice indoor pool. Decent room but for those pesky little pillows which are uncomfortable when reading in bed. Decent breakfast with some hot choices. Good restaurants for dinner are 15-20 minutes away but readily reachable.

Then there was the price, a ripoff at $104 plus tax when the rate at the BW web site was $74. As a member of BW Rewards, I expected to get the best rate without having to mention the $74. Big mistake. On checkout, I complained but the clerk wouldn't budge. So my overall impression was not exactly positive.

Moral of he story: look up the lowest Internet rate and demand it when you arrive.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PeterGrant76
Sara-BWPHI, Manager at Best Western Pacific Highway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Peter, your feedback is very important to us and we appreciate the fact that you took the time to let us know that your stay was not up to your expectations. We apologize for this and will certainly look into your comments and take any appropriate action. It is our goal to provide all of our guests with quality service and comfort at an exceptional price. We will be sure to pass on the information to our staff to ensure excellent service. Again thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope you will give us the opportunity to make any necessary improvements and will choose to stay with us again at another time.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

This is an old motel that has been well maintained and weirdly updated, such as with new modern lamps and lighting, flat screen TV, and big down pillows, mixed in with old fixtures, old heating system, old furniture. Everything about the complex feels like 1962 with a paint job. Our room had plumbing issues and the toilet ran all night. AT $100 or more a night, it's way over-priced. On the positive, the rooms have fridge and microwave, there is a heated indoor pool, and breakfast is adequate. Also, while the motel is on a busy stretch of highway, if you ask for rooms to the back of the complex, it's quiet and you'll get decent sleep.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business